new members

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am from Gauteng (East Rand) and have been a marine enthusiast for a very long time. Have had several tanks and then just buy a bigger one incorporate the old stuff and 'Viola'.

Is there somewhere a glossary of all these abbreviations you guys are using so that I am on the same page - it is confusing - some I have figured out for myself but others I am stoked.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to MASA Animalia, there is a glossory sdomewhere, i'll see if i can find it.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
A VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA Animalia! I am VERY glad that you found us, and joined MASA!

Have a look at our MASAPedia for questions and answers. Also on the Acronyms:
Main Page - Marine Aquariums of South Africa - wiki

Otherwise - just ask which acronyms you want explanations for.... and we will be GLAD to answer your questions!

Please post some pics of your tank/s as well...
Also elaborate on your life stock/hardware/pumps/skimmers/lighting, etc....

Reaction score
Thanks i found it Copied it and untill I know it - printed and pasted next to my screen - now I dont feel like an idiot!

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
hi welcome to MASA, LOL you will get the hang of the language very quickly.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to Masa Animalia. If you currently have a setup please share some pictures with us and tell us more about the tank, lights, sump(if any), filtration, water parameters etc.
We love pics ;)

Reaction score
THanks guys - will do have small tank (3 ft) with a 50 litre sump. Run a skimmer and Uv light in the sump with filtration media. Will post pictures but is busy with a 1000 litre setup.

Reaction score
Welcome animalia, so good to have new memebers:)

glad to hear you are studying hard, i'm afriad there are lots of IT folk in reefing and they shorten everything into acronyms, they even swear at me and i agree simply cause I dont know what ubf means. (ask puppy he uses it all the time!)

sounds like u have a good handle of keeping things which swim wet, now lets see what we can do to help you keeping salty things alive:)

oh and that teasing info on a 1000l system def needs to be expanded on :)