MASA Admin

Reaction score
Welcome to Marine Aquariums of South Africa. Enjoy your stay here...

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to Masa. Do you have a marine tank running or are you doing homework to get one?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaction score
Hi have a tank already running - 2m x 0.6 x 0.6 just started it up from october - had water from ushaka in and introduced first lot of fish in three weeks ago - 1 x threadfin butterfly, 1 x kleineye butterfly, 1 x damsel, 1 x surgeon, 1 x coral banded shrimp (and 1 x picture wrasse but he is missing already) still new to hobby so learning - will appreciate any help can get - thanx

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
A very WARM WELCOME to MASA Chikaboo! I am VERY glad that you found MASA and joined us!

Please share some more information of your tank with us. The 2 metre tank sounds awesome!
What lighting do you have? What water flow (in-tank pumps)?
What skimmer?

Please share some pics with us!

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Very cool scaping, is that all live rock? some bits don't look like it, also what flow do you have? i can't see any pumps

Reaction score
Welcome

welcometomasa

Hope you enjoy your stay with us. I joined about 2 months ago and its been an amazing experience. I can truly say that I am now a MASAholic.

My system has also gone from strength to strength with all the learnings here. Unfortunatley my wallet is emptying just as fast :yeahdude:

Reaction score
it is so low coz it is being used to divide to kitchen from the lounge like an undercounter breakfast nook on top of the tank i have granite tops!

Reaction score
stand is no problem as it was about 3/4m high of the ground and i cut the legs to go undercounter - in fact this tank was bought in 1987 a lady in Hiberdene South Coast by my dad and he kept up this hobby till 1993 then sold the tank to a chinese dude and i managed to buy the tank back from him in 2007 so i dont think the stank will give way as built then and it still stood the test time literally!

Reaction score
In the first pic i wonder if u see the damsel in the background - he seems to b too restless in the tank - i caught him bout 4 weeks ago and the rest of the fish i bought but they were all intrduced at the same time but he is a gremlin - fighting with the others especially the kleineye in the same pic - now the kleineye seems to losing his colour so 2morrow i have to try and get the damsel out coz i going to durbs this coming weekend - rather he go back to where he came then some predator can stalk him like hoe is terrorising the other fish (just kidding) but i think he has to go - what do u guys think?

Reaction score
Interesting setup, please give more info on the sump, lighting, filtration etc. I'm no expert but I'm sure someone will tell you not to release the damsel.

Reaction score
Hi can n e 1 identify this damsel - gaboon thinks i shouldnt get rid of him what do the rest of u guys say? he seems to be causing grief to the other fish! Also i feed these fish once a day can n e 1 offer sum advise on feeding - i am using peeled shrimp/prawn/mussel from our Pick 'n Pay supermarket and a frozen cubed product called marine mix from the pet shop - another problem is my temp is sitting at 27' celcius with no heaters - look like i have to invest in an air con to cool the room the tank is in - i am getting worried as the colours are not right on the fish and they are in the tank for over a month - but i dont know if it is coz of the big bully damsel - salinity is right - check the colour on this little damsel :
1484495f8d6b76c9f.jpg

badly behaved damsel :