Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a 55 gallon FOWLR marine aquarium.I started about 4 months ago and hope you can assist me with lots of problems

christ

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Welcome Chris, shoot with the questions, lots of people here to help you and get you back on track :)

Show us some pictures of your tank and sump.

Reaction score
well thanx alot,where to start,first of i have got a lot of red algae growing,can u tell me why?

Reaction score
sorry no pics yet but i got a cannister filetr with a via aqua multi skimmer

Reaction score
well thanx alot,where to start,first of i have got a lot of red algae growing,can u tell me why?
It is called Cyano Bacteria and it because of high phosphate and/or silicates. This probably due to overfeeding but can also be due to bad filtration (natural/mechanical) and bad flow.

Give us some specs and pics of your setup and we get a better idea of what's going on.

PS: this is not difficult to whip ;)

Reaction score
sorry no pics yet but i got a cannister filetr with a via aqua multi skimmer
How much Live rock (kg's) do you have ?

What is your flow like in the tank ?

How many and what fish do you have ?

How often do you feed your fish ?

Do you run any sort of phosphate remover ?

Reaction score
Sorry no pics with me,well i have a cannister filter(dolphin c 1000),via aqua multi skimmer,about 5 kgs live rock.I change about 25 litres of freshly mixedx water every fortnight.

Reaction score
Sorry no pics with me,well i have a cannister filter(dolphin c 1000),via aqua multi skimmer,about 5 kgs live rock.I change about 25 litres of freshly mixedx water every fortnight.
Flow ? what powerheads ?

Livestock ?

Reaction score
sorry new at this,a cascade 600 inetrnal filter,only got some flagtails i got from someone until the tank settles down,no power heads,do i need some and how much gph?

Reaction score
sorry new at this,a cascade 600 inetrnal filter,only got some flagtails i got from someone until the tank settles down,no power heads,do i need some and how much gph?
When you say flagtails are you talking about Blue/Regal/Hippo Tangs ?

Look like this ?

200_9265.jpg

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Ok, let's slow down a bit.

Chris, give us a full list of what equipment you have on and in the tank.

Reaction score
okay,hang on via aqua multi skimmer,dolphin c 1000 cannister filter,cascade 600 internal filter,four ugly flagtails.some small tubeworms,snails lots of stuff i dont know yet trying to find out still,got 2 3ft fluorescnt tubes 10000 k 39 watt each