Reaction score
Hi im starting a small marine tank, problem is i used to have a tank in durbs and i knew all the pet shops to go to for good stock and prices but now im living in cape town and dont know were to go. Can anyone help me.:p

masahello

There are a few LFS , Aqua concepts in Milnerton, Sams in Bergvliet ,Exotic Reef in Ottery to name few .

Welcome to MASA :)

Aqua concepts is behind the new builders wharehouse ... they have some good stock, they had an achillis tang in the week for R2500 i think :whistling:

A very WARM WELCOME to MASA, Quade! Glad you found us! Very good place to start your journey again with MARINES....

How long ago did you have a marine tank in Durbs? And how long did you keep marines for? Did you catch your own marines? (fish) or did you buy?

Did you keep corals as well?

Good luck with your journey!

Please ask all/any questions. We have learnt the hard way that it is better to come and ask questions here, and to double-check what your LFS says, before accepting most LFS's suggestions...

Thanks JAcquesb. I had marines for around 7 years in durbs. I did learn my mistakes the hard way but i did learn. I had 1,5 meter tank with corals and angels for about two years. I did dive and get my own specimans and also bought some speciamans that i couldnt dive for. i will ask questions cause ive been out the game for around 6 years now and i know there always something new to learn. so ja

Can anyone tell me were is the best place to buy lighting for marines im starting a small 1m tank and iv got a metal halid but need a new glob. ive got a set of t5 lighting already. I found at osrom a osrom 10000k double ended halide called daylight they say it gives a blue white light. and they matched to my old globe. does anyone know this globe and is it any good?

Welcome Quade!!!

Hi Quade - no - I don't know that globe (where the heck did you get a 10000K Osram Metal Halide globe? Is it 150 watt? Or 250/400?)

BUT - I am QUITE sure that this globe will be perfect!

I usually get my globes from "The Lamphouse" in Milnerton......

Welcome man also fairly new here.. Pretty cool having some like minded people to chat about stuff with. Post some pics these guys are always hounding for pics... Which area you stay in?

Hi, well the guy said its a 10000k and its diffently 150w. I found it at eagle lighting. It cost around about R169. How much does the globe cost that you get?

I checked out Aqua concept, i was impressed got some nice stuff. thanks for the help joe

Quade - the globes that I use (and a common one that people use) is a BLV double-ended 150 watt 14000K globe. The latest price that I paid (a few months ago) was R330 for the globe.

If the Osram globe is R169 - I would say by all means - go for it. It sounds like an AWESOME deal!

BTW: I am in Raats Drive (border of Parklands/Table View)....

Maybe one day you can come over and have a look at my tank its still in the begining stages so please dont laugh when you see it. also i dont have a huge amount of finance so it will take time.

Back
Top Bottom