Reaction score
Mew member from Sea Point
Just joined so as to pick up info on marine nano tank.
I used to import marines many years ago (when only a protein skimmer and filter were used). Gave up for many years and then started about 3 years ago with discus. My wife has been nagging me to put in a marine tank so I am now investigating what I need to do.
I visited my son in Washington who has a nano while his big tank is being designed. My wife and I were impressed with his tank and the fish shops in the states.
If OK I can post photos of his tank as well as the 2 shops that we visited ( That Fish Place and Roozens )
I had my mind set on "Red Sea Nano" brand (because that is what my son has) but do not know whether this is availabler in SA.

Gerry

Hi welcome to MASA, sorry not much help with local purchases, i'm in London England, but you have come to the right place some local boys are on here too:lol:

Welcome to MASA Gerry, oh we love pictures so yes please post :thumbup:

Have a look at our sponsors section they ship everywhere and prices are great, Liaquat from Aquality is there in your valley.

Also please share some of your impressions of the marine stores in the states:)

Happy posting

Hi Jerry

Welcome to MASA, the Red Sea is available in SA, I contacted the importer a few months ago and was quoted R4500 for the system...a bit steep but looks like a nice setup. I go their number off the Red Sea website if you interested.

Alot of guys have the Nano cube but I think it's quite a bit smaller than the Red Sea...

Happy Reefing

Welcome to MASA!

Welcome, expect some great advice coming your way:thumbup:. Why have you decided to go nano for your only tank? I think you could build a tank at least 3x bigger for the same price!

Hi jerry, welcome to MASA, Nano's are gr8 and affordable, but it won't be long before you going to wanna get a bigger tank, trust me...I found that out in 3 months.

welcometomasa Gerry.

Welcome Gerry!

For more info, go and have a look at the links on Hennie's new thread:
Handy links - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Also - perhaps you want to have a look at the new JBJ Nano's (complete setups for marines) that Andrew (Eco Aquatics) sells - he has a thread about the JBJ on his sponsor forum.

Back
Top Bottom