Reaction score
Hi welcome to MASA. Any pics you can show us...... of your tank. :lol:

Reaction score
Welcome to Marine Aquariums SA :)

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. What exactly is the problem inserting pictures?

The picture or video needs to be hosted on a site like photobucket.com and then you can use the picture/video buttons to insert it. On photobucket you can just copy the text in the bottom "box" and paste it into your posts.

Reaction score
Welcome..... Lokking forward to seeing you're pics, hope you get them sorted.
If not just ask.

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
welcome buddy pics pics pics.....

Reaction score
hi to everyone again. i live in a hot climate (malaysia). Just to inform, i do not really have a nice aquarium. still learning on it, 3 years ago i started it but never take care well due to limited knowledge on it and i went to work in another country that as a result of tank maintenance srew up.
Now, the tank is still running but no corals, only fish and live stone only.
Tank : 48" x 24" x 24"
Bottom Sump : 36" x 12" x 12"
Lighting : 40 watts x 4, 20 watts x 2
Temperature : 27.9 - 29 deg C
ph : 8.3
kh : 8 - 9
nitrite : 0
Skimmer = 1
Powehead : 1 sump, 1 skimmer, 2 top tank
fan : 1 top, 1 bottom

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome there! Everyone has to start somewhere and learn.....
Just ask a LOT of questions BEFORE making any decisions. This will save you a LOT of trouble, head-aches, money and time :)

What type of lighting do you have? Normal Output Flourescent (called T8)? Or High Output T5 flourescent?

Please supply more pictures and information of your tank, pumps, skimmer and fish/live rock?

Cheers! and Good luck!

Reaction score
Great and nice hear from you.
i have T8 18000kv 48" 40 watts = 3, blue moon 48" 40 watts= 1, T5 24" 20 watts = 2.

3 years ago, i was not aware of so many people are invove in marine hobby and discussion on the internet. Only this year i just notice all this website.
Currently i am dealing with these problems : all the rock surface top are red with no slime and itch on my Emporary and Tangs fish. ( there are 9 fishes in tank)
Any good and simple advise? i try to post photo but not getting it, if you have an email, it will be much easy to sent.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Here are some photo's of David Wong's tank, let's see if we can help him out guys and get his tank back in order...

P9090004-1.jpg

P9090013-1.jpg

P9090004-1.jpg

P9090013-1.jpg

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
How many pumps and powerheads do you have in the tank?

How many times do you do a water change?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi David, Viper (and others)..... Are you sure that is cyano bacteria (red slime = cyano, right?)??

One the photo the rocks looks like it has a strange, but brilliant covering of corralline algae.... :)

The most common solutions for marine ich:
- fresh water dip (get the fresh water up to the same temperature/pH as the tank, the catch the one fish, place it in the fresh water for up to 10 minutes (depends on how the fish "handles" the fresh water, if it looks like it's becoming worse off, then catch it again and place it back in the tank - repeat this for each fish you have that has marine ich)
- alternatively: make use of a quarantine/hospital tank (same water type/chemical composition/pH/temperature as the main display tank - use some medication for "Marine ich" in the water, catch the applicable fish that has marine ich, place them in this "hospital tank" for up to 3 weeks (until the marine ich has dissappeared) - while doing water changes, often)....
- thirdly: try making the tank's water slightly hypo-saline (meaning: lower the SG of the water) - I believe that the ich then also dies off??

Viper: I have read somewhere that marine ich does not get hold of one's fish so quickly, with a very high water flow in the tank, as the ich babies that's free-swimming, gets into the filter too quick.... if the water flow is too little, then this happens easily (especially when the fish are sleeping)....

This is my little bit of input - perhaps someone has some better ideas than me....

Cheers!