New member - Urgently need help

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tracey, 15 Oct 2014.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Hey everyone, this is my first time on here. I am in some urgent need of help with lighting.

I have a 230 liter tank, using Vertex Aquaristik LED lighting. I need to know what the colour % settings need to be for the lighting.

Please help, I am desperate here and don't have enough experience yet. I turned all my lighting off to try get rid of the algae explosion and in the process deleted all the settings.

I would appreciate the advice.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

I'm not sure on the settings of the unit.

But just switching off the lights will not help with algae. The nutrients they feed on is still around. If you kill the algae this way, they will also release more nutrients, resulting in another rather quick return of algae.

Rather treat the cause. Either you overfeed, or your filtration system is not doing the job as expected. Clean up crew? do you have any?

4. wookie

wookie

How old is your tank and what are your parameters, like riaanp said algae won't be cured by switching off your light, in a new tank it needs to cycle and you will get algae blooms

Recent Posts