New member,time to up my game.....

Reaction score
:wazzapp:

Hey guys how you all doing...i'm from vereeniging.

Got my tank for over two years now

but i think i did not have enough knowledge at the time and most of my stuff seems to die so i thought i'd start here as i've seen alot of good help here with regards to reefing in south africa..will update my tank specs soon...probably tommorow lol when i have my log book in hand as right now i'm at work..

Welcome to MASA Falcon :)

some pics from september. 2006
71648bd4fb512b44.jpg

71648bd4fb51b7f0.jpg

71648bd4fb51f26f.jpg

71648bd513832112.jpg

71648bd513836f29.jpg

thanks for the warm welcome guys....will post more tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Howzit Falcon. Welcome to MASA. You've come to the right place.

:huh:That's a lot of Caulerpa you had back then hey, I can just imagine how much there must be now

Hey Falcon
Didnt think anyone was doing marines that side of the world, very close to my hometown...

Very nice Falcon! I can imagine that your phosphates and nitrates was quite high then (the cyano bacteria and the great growth of the soft-corals and caulerpa).....
What skimmer do you use now? Also - how often and what do you feed?

Welcome Falcon:) Hope you have a great time here and that we can help you slow down your loss rate. Nice to see some shots of your tank, wanna give us the specs on size and equipment, see if there are any ideas the forum has on what you maybe able to do different or better:)

very nice to have new guys on here I hope you have a wonderful time.

Howzit Falcon. Welcome to MASA. You've come to the right place.

:huh:That's a lot of Caulerpa you had back then hey, I can just imagine how much there must be now

lol yeah but it's not how you think...you'll see from the pics i post later today/tomorrow.

thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!!!!;)

Hey Falcon
Didnt think anyone was doing marines that side of the world, very close to my hometown...

actually there's quite alot of marines around this area.I would say this is partly because of the brilliantly helpful fish shop called DIE VISDAM(close to riveira hotel).he keeps decent stock and is decently priced compare to like say exotic aquariums in boksburg.

where's your hometown bro?

Very nice Falcon! I can imagine that your phosphates and nitrates was quite high then (the cyano bacteria and the great growth of the soft-corals and caulerpa).....
What skimmer do you use now? Also - how often and what do you feed?

At the time my tank was still new and i only had a side sump built into the tank but no place for a decent skimmer so i had some junk jebo or something lol.

i was attempting to control the no3 and phos with my in tank refugium aka caulerpa(did'nt work too well however).

early 2007 i added a proper sump with a via-aqua sk300 skimmer and a refugium with a dsb and very good caulerpa growth....nitrates and phos quickly dropped to zero within a month!

Back
Top Bottom