New member new tank

Bottom double 60x6mm bracing then 20mm bead bracing at all corners right around. The overflow build in on itself give plenty of strength. Top 4mm bracing double all round except for the front witch is tripple. The tank is done only finishing touches like a litle extra silicone at all corners an some cleanup. But i think the tank is solid an beutifull i might add. Special thanx to royden for hes help on the build

IMG_7255.JPG

IMG_7256.JPG

IMG_7258.JPG

IMG_7259.JPG

IMG_7260.JPG

O yes all round th bottom outside a extra strip was glued in to support an hold th bot an sides. Not necessarily but why not. Now its gona stand while i can start an finish th sump awaiting month end

is the overflow the same height as those braces?

Looking good so far. Agree with @Bristlebasher, might cause unnecessary waterfall noise with return as it is now and the horizontal bar of the return might block some flow, so maybe an option to lift it a little higher so the horizontal bar is not in the way of the overflowing water. Also perhaps just lift your overflow pipes higher to reduce waterfall noise and add Durso standpipes on top to stop gurgling sounds (if you aren't planning to do that already).

I see what you guys referring to looking at it now i think i must extend those return pipes so the water will return straight into an under the water level more away from the overflow

Those return pipes must push water round the back towards the front as the angle of the tank will help. Also between the pipes and the overflow wall ( that t peace pipe ) is plenty plenty space water wount touch that part of th plumbing

Last edited:
Been running the whole night no leakages lol. Problem 1 the durso pipes needs to be added to reduce the sucking sounds or i cant run my 4000lt return pump on full. Those litle sun sun wave makers is just to small will need to double up on flow with bigger heads. Only other problem is i should hav moved my top bracing another 10mm higher than the overflow as you can see them touching the surface Otherwise thanks a lot tank running beutifull

IMG_7600.JPG

Back
Top Bottom