New MASA sections :-)

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by viper357, 1 May 2010.

1. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Greetings one and all :p

I have added 2 new sections to the forum, a Video Directory and a Downloads section, both of these can be accessed by clicking the links in the top navbar.

Video Directory:

This is basically just a collection of links to your favourite marine related videos. Feel free to add any video's you like. Unfortunately the software is a bit limited as it will only accept links from the following websites:

youtube
    youtubeHD
    dailymotion
    vimeo
    vimeoHD
    veoh
    megavideo
    metacafe

So if you find any good video's on those websites, please feel free to add them, you also have the option (when adding a video) to have a thread created after you have uploaded the link, this is nice if you want to have a discussion on a video, it works just like a normal thread, just tick the box near the bottom of the upload page. I have already uploaded a few video's which I enjoy, have a browse around. :)

Downloads:

This section allows you to upload images, pdf documents, zip files etc. As you can see, this is useful for things like test kit instruction sheets (you will see the Salifert ones I have uploaded), equipment user manuals, profilux software etc. etc. Anything you think is relevant to our hobby, can be uploaded here. All uploads to this section will however be placed into a moderation queue and will not be available until a moderator has approved it, due to the possibility of virus's being included in zip files etc. Once we have verified the upload is safe and relevant it will then be made available for everyone.

Enjoy the new sections, I hope you can make use of them and shout if you have any questions. :)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Annoying

Annoying

Thanks for all the hard work on MASA!!! Thanks for everything and it's thanks to constant care and attention by people like you that sites like MASA can prosour and grow as it does!!!:bigthumbup::party::3:

4. LuckyFish

LuckyFish MASA Contributor

Good old Dean.
    Good job, nice to see how MASA is growing and now also in terms of the options.
    Remember when you added the breeding forum?
    Have a look at it now. Nice to see the fruit of your work, hey?

5. Jaak

Jaak

Great additions! Thanks Dean! Eish, there goes the data cap...

6. Bob the (reef)builder

Bob the (reef)builder

Very useful. Thanks.

7. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Excellent idea :thumbup:

Dean, just to be totally above board - the glass thickness calculator was not my original work. I merely improved on the original spreadsheet. I did quote the original author's name, and a link to the original article when I first posted this calculator - won't you please include that on the new thread. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the details, and it will take some effort to try and find it again on the web.

Thanks,

Hennie

8. Tremayn

Tremayn

oh yay :)

9. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

Excellent...:thumbup:

Recent Posts