New Jeboa 3.4 wifi dosing pump problems

Reaction score
Can anybody perhaps help me in getting my new Jeboa 3.4 wifi doing pump to connect to my iPhone?

I've just spent 2 fruitless hours trying to get the f@#$$ng thing to connect, no luck and a huge amount of frustration. I'm following the instructions step by step as per the manual and I had youtube "how to videos" playing on my laptop next to me while trying to connect.......nadah, f$%all, niks.......I cannot get the bloody thing to connect. The app tells me we are connected, but that is as far as it gets and I cannot get into the pump setup menu.

I've almost reached the point where I say bugger this, rather go back to the previous doser until Jeboa sort their new doser out or provide proper working instructions. At first I thought that it was me being a doffy and asked somebody else who is a tech wiz with iPhones and apps......even he eventually gave up and said he cannot get the bloody thing to connect and work.

Hey bud.

Try to "long press" on the on/off botton..... then it takes you in.

EDIT: ON/OFF button in the app

Hi Vleis, the problem is that it does not get as far as the "start" button. The unit comes up on my phone, but the red and green lights still keep flashing on the unit itself. It goes as far as where it says" The configuration starts automatically. Tap start to control the device after the device has been added successfully."

Problem is that this is as far as it goes, it does not add the device. Jeboa wifi shows up on my phone and on my home wifi, but it does not add the doser itself and the lights on the unit continue flashing. I have left it for 20 mins in this flashing / auto configuration setup that the manual says I must do and still nothing gets any further.

Maybe I have a dud unit? I have read up on various forums and on Amazon and quite a few people are complaining about exactly the same issue of the unit not connecting. All of them ended up returning their units and either going back to the manual unit or buying a different wifi enabled brand.

I have tried connecting via the smart configuration way and the AP distribution network way, both of them end up saying connection failed.
In other words the one method where the red and green lights flash alternatively ( the 5 second press method ) as well as the one where the red and green lights flash together ( the 10 second press method ).

Every time I get as far as the blue circle that indicates that it is trying to connect with the % count to 99% and then the bloody thing says connection failed. I have even put the unit and my phone right next to the house wifi router to see if this was the problem, but it made no difference at all.......connection failed.

Have you maybe tried setting it up on a different phone?

Yes, tried 2 different iPhones, uninstalled and then re-installed the app on both phones..........still can't get the bloody thing to connect.
I have now spent 3 hours trying to get this doser to connect. 2 hours last night and an hour this morning. I have tried via my home wifi and via my cell wifi / data, none of these have worked. I've basically had it with this Jeboa 3.4 wifi enabled loser, I don't know what else to do here other than return it to my LFS and get another brand or just get the "old" tech manual adjustment doser.

I am not new to wifi enabled products as my AI Prime HD lights are also wifi enabled and I adjust via my cell phone. The only time I had "issues" with my AI wifi was when I installed a new router a couple of months ago......all I did then was to do a factory reset and then re-connect to the new router with the new password.

Hopefully the distributer of this product gets to read this post and will be able to tell me I'm just being a doffy and will then be able to tell me what I'm doing wrong so that I can get this bloody plastic box to work as advertised.

I really want to use this unit as it is nice and compact and will fit perfectly into my Redsea 170 cabinet.

I feel your pain. My lights I'm using were working perfectly on my phone. About two weeks ago it just bombed out. And for the love of fish I can't get it to work. I've struggled for 2 weeks. I eventually just gave up. Luckely I can still do all the functions with the remote.
I'm also not one for all these WiFi things. Give me a button to press or a switch to flip and I'm much happier

Took the unit back to my LFS for them to test it. It turns out that it seems that the Jeboa 3.4 and iPhone don't play nicely together.

Andrew ( Viking Aquatics ) connected my unit to his Android phone effortlessly and very quickly, however when he tried it with my iPhone it just says failed to connect. It seems there is an issue with iPhone and the unit.

Will be contacting the distributer on Monday to see if they have a solution to fix this problem.

Took the unit back to my LFS for them to test it. It turns out that it seems that the Jeboa 3.4 and iPhone don't play nicely together.

Andrew ( Viking Aquatics ) connected my unit to his Android phone effortlessly and very quickly, however when he tried it with my iPhone it just says failed to connect. It seems there is an issue with iPhone and the unit.

Will be contacting the distributer on Monday to see if they have a solution to fix this problem.

shoot that sucks, sorry man.

Mine connected fine with my Iphone... Hope they swop it out

shoot that sucks, sorry man.

Mine connected fine with my Iphone... Hope they swop it out

Apparently it works with the older iPhone firmware, but not the newer versions of firmware. Internet land says iPhone firmware 11 works, but version 13 doesn't work.........I'm on version 13.1 What firmware version are you on?

Hopefully they can fix it as this seems to be a world wide problem.

Apparently it works with the older iPhone firmware, but not the newer versions of firmware. Internet land says iPhone firmware 11 works, but version 13 doesn't work.........I'm on version 13.1 What firmware version are you on?

Hopefully they can fix it as this seems to be a world wide problem.

Im on 13.2.2

weird

Will run an update and see if I can get that to work then........otherwise it's back to manual dosing until I can get this sorted out.

Thanks for your help on this, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom