New Jebo R338

Reaction score
Hi All
Just started with my marine tank about 6 to 7 weeks ago.
Its a little pico tank which holds about 40 liters of water.
I have had fresh water fish for awhile now and was practically "donated" the complete Jebo R338 with all acc's for R150. Thought it was time i started a salt water tank and here i am.
The tank has been cycling for the 7 weeks with really nice cured live rock.Also to boost bacteria i used Seachem Stability and a Purigen filter for the ammonia/nitrates,etc.

Life in the tank seems to be good from day 1....lots of bristle worms(2 over 1 inch big), and some rock life...microscopic feather dusters to me and a few tube worms.
The rock came with Sundial snail aswell which has survived thus far aswell.

About 1,5 weeks ago,the wife got me a yellow tail blue damsel, as she thought it was mad of me coming home everyday for the last month too look at my rocks...so now i have a fish aswell to look at. Fish is eating well and so far no signs of stress.
I intend to create a mini reef tank.
I have modded my tank and installed a 10W Aim Marine Blue moon light in addition to the 2 daylight CFL's. This was done for the coral growth.
So far so good.

Will take some water to Jungle Aquatics tomorrow to test it and see if i can start putting in some soft coral.

Well thats me.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sounds like you're on the right path. Just be patient

Hey, that sounds great, put on a pic.

Just one area of concern:

Double check on this i may be wrong.
The aim marine blue, as far as i know is just a blue light, not a actinic light, the Resun blue is also blue, but not actinic.
but i can recomend the 10w Marine glow from Hagens or anything that says "actinic " on the box

Good luck man.

Welcome to Masa. You might have some territorial issues with that blue damsel in such a small tank, especially being added first.

Sounds great! Welcome to MASA! :)

But - get that sundial snail outta there ASAP! Some of them are zoanthid predators!

Melevsreef.com - Sundial Snail

Thanks dane for the advise. So many conflicting topics about these buggers...good algea eaters...now zoanthid eaters...definately not for me! Will get him out as soon as i get my Softies sometime next week. Was just "nice' to see something alive in there from day 1.

OLD PE Boy

i did check online before i got them and they indicate they are actinic light for reef growth.

Promotes marine reef life.
- Standard Intensity.
- Visible actinic blue spectrum.
- Stimulates deep marine light.
- Stimulares marine growth.
Also read the graph about the wavelenght been around the 450 nm light spectrum on the box...not very clear thou.

Below is durng the day, with only the Blue on.

36564c88ac9ea7043.jpg

This is with the 2 daylights plus blue on
36564c88acb9969ff.jpg

at night just blue
picture.php

Last edited:
Thanks dane for the advise. So many conflicting topics about these buggers...good algea eaters...now zoanthid eaters...definately not for me! Will get him out as soon as i get my Softies sometime next week. Was just "nice' to see something alive in there from day 1.

OLD PE Boy

i did check online before i got them and they indicate they are actinic light for reef growth.

Promotes marine reef life.
- Standard Intensity.
- Visible actinic blue spectrum.
- Stimulates deep marine light.
- Stimulares marine growth.

Also read the graph about the wavelenght been around the 450 nm light spectrum on the box...not very clear thou.

Below is durng the day, with only the Blue on.

36564c88ac9ea7043.jpg

This is with the 2 daylights plus blue on
36564c88acb9969ff.jpg

at night just blue
picture.php

Well i see youve done your homework ...

:thumbup:

Sorry ...will upload pics as soon as i get my nokia software loaded...not the best but was to excited that i could not wait to charge the camera to take better pics.
36564c9333bead5e8.jpg

36564c9333a7eff0b.jpg

Last edited:
hey.. what filtration do you have? and is this a marine tank or a FW tank that u converted? I have a similar tank :)

hey.. what filtration do you have? and is this a marine tank or a FW tank that u converted? I have a similar tank :)
Tremayn
Its meant to be a FW tank. But i wanted a Marine tank...so just done it.
The filtration unit comes standard ..sits on top of the tank. Its a combination of the filter floss pads and ceramic blocks. I just added a Purigen filter bag in there that absords the Nitrates and Nitrites,etc....good for absorbing the bad stuff from the water. Got a Yellow tail blue damsil fish and so far for corals, i have a pulsating xenia and metalic green daisy polyps...more to follow in the next month

Hi i am setting up the same tank, how did you do the mod for the light any pics?

Memnoch

The lights were a simple mod....took about 1 hour to do...with the help of a dremil cutting tool...and the light & ballast were under R200.

Took lots of pics, so if you need them and the kit i used, to get the blue lighting done, PM me and i will send them to you.
cheers

36564c960c6a579e0.jpg

Last edited:
ah cool man :) .. ye my tank got that same filter on top .. if all else fails ill copy u lol :p .. its nice to see guys doing stuff like this.. most guys systems cost the same as a crappy car lol

yeah i would rather spend the bucks on some coral...i have seen the amount off money the guys pump into the bigger tanks...my wife would cut my nutz off if i spent so much money on a tank than her;)

Back
Top Bottom