New guy

Reaction score
hi all new to the site and wow it is really great it has already has answered some guestions i had i just starting my first marine tank but not my first tank as i have been in the hobby for many years :wave2:

Welcome to MASA :)
We love pics! Please show off a few :)

i will when the tank is ready at the moment it does not even have water still setting it upthe tank sizes are 180cm L 45cm W 50cm H

this should help, i "borrowd" it from reefcentral.com , think many could benafit from it, so i'll make a thread for it too:)

ACActivated carbon, chemical filtration media / alternating current AFMAquarium Fish Monthly, magazine AGAAll-Glass Aquarium, Aquarium manufacturer ALAqualink, aquarium bulletin board ATSAlgae turf scrubber, reef setup technique BODBiological oxygen demand CCCounter current, type of protein skimmer CSLCustom Sea Life, lighting manufacturer CTACellulose triacetate, type of RO membrane CyanoCyanobacteria DCDirect current DDDowndraft, type of protein skimmer DIDeionisation, type of water purification DIYDo it yourself DSBDeep Sand BedFAMAFreshwater and Marine Aquaria, magazine FFEFlying Fish Express, Mail Order Company FOFish only FOWLRFish only with live rock FWFreshwater GBRGreat Barrier Reef GPHGallons per hour HOHigh output fluorescent light HQIMercury (Hg) Quartz Iodide, a type of metal halide lamp IAInland Aquatics, mail order company IMHOIn My Humble OpinionIMOIn My OpinionIOInstant Ocean, brand of aquarium salt IRInfrared KalkKalkwasser, German for calcium hydroxide solution or limewater LFSLocal fish store LHSLocal hardware store LPSLarge polyped Scleractinian (stoney) coral LRLive rock LSLive sand MACNAMarine Aquaria Conference of North America, held annually MASNAMarine Aquarium Societies of North AmericaMDMarine Depot, mail order company MHMetal halide light MJMaxijet, powerhead manufacturer MMMiracle Mud, method of aquarium filtration MOMail order NONormal output fluorescent light NSWNatural seawater PAPremium Aquatics, mail order company PCPower compact fluorescent light PHPowerhead, water pump PVCPoly vinyl chloride, used for piping / plumbing RCReef Central, aquarium bulletin board supreme RCReef Crystals, brand of aquarium salt RDOReefs.org ("reefs-dot-org"), aquarium bulletin board RKReef Keeping, on-line aquarium magazine ROReverse osmosis, type of water purification RO/DIReverse osmosis, followed by deionisation, type of water purification RRReef ready, aquaria with pre-drilled holes and overflows RTNRapid tissue necrosis, protozoal infection of corals; can be rapidly fatal if not treated SGSpecific gravity SPSSmall polyped Scleractinian (stoney) coral SWSaltwater / seawater TBSTampa Bay Saltwater, Mail Order Company TFCThin film composite, type of RO membrane TRTThe Reef Tank, aquarium bulletin board TWPTap Water Purifier from Aquatic Pharmaceuticals UGFUndergravel filter UVUltra violet light VHOVery high output fluorescent light W/DWet-dry (a method of aquarium filtration)WDWet-dry (a method of aquarium filtration)

Welcome to Masa Gemini - you'll learn everything you need to know about marines right here , just ask and have fun setting up ;)

wow thanks guys i like what the hell is that most helpful guys i am thinking mixed reef but i will slowly get in to that like i say slow and cautious than fast and diedly

Welcome gemini9241 and all the best! You are welcome to call on us if you need help.

Welcome to MASA!!

welcome gemini....post some specs on your proposed designs from now before you add water or even buy anything for your tank....that way you can get pre advice on any decisions you make before it costs you time money and potential heart ache later on once your tank in running for a while.

start with some pics of the raw tank and dimensions,also what equipment/sump you already have?:p

Back
Top Bottom