New From Germiston

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Andrewv, 31 Jan 2014.

1. Andrewv

Andrewv

Hi to All here on MASA,
    I am new to this forum but been active on TASA for the passed month as I have just got back into the hobby from my childhood days. Gee the technology have Leaped forward light-years from the days I had my first tank many a year ago, it still had that angle-iron frame and putty to hold the glass in (Damn, I am now giving my age away and should not have…….Hehehe). I had a rocky start with my Tropical aquarium as I only now know to have people here on the forums that can assist one and avoid the unnecessary headaches and expense. As they say “You grow too Old to quick and Wise too Late” At least you learn something at some time.
    Now as for me I live in Germiston Gauteng, and I restarted the hobby some four weeks ago, I thought all was going well until the fish started dying then I went online to find out WHY and Yes I found out Why ….. Not cycling the tank for at least a month was the first of the problems. The second was my nice Peacock Eel died then the second one jumped out the tank and also died, I think he did not like the food and tried to find his own, poor bugger. Thirdly my tanks base cracked and I ended up buying a new one, I did not go for another DARO 3ft, instead I bought a SunSun 4ft (Model = HRPC1200H) with bowed front glass. Now I need to set it up and then transfer the fish into the new aquarium. I might later switch from a Tropical aquarium to a Marine aquarium as funds are limited and the “Mrs.” not been very happy with me, she will get over it soon I hope …Hehehe I also have a small 300mm tank that I use for quarantine the fish and want to use it to breed BETTAs. My daughter also has a small aquarium, a BOYU 420mm with bent front glass. She has 2x Baby Angels, 2x King Blue Tetra , 1x Ancistrus, 1x Male Betta, 1x Corydoras Bronze Albino live plants and HOB filter, Dophin 6500 air pump.
    I need to go and carry on with my new tank I will be popping in from time to time.
    Cheers for now.
    Andrew.:thumbup:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. tekkengal

tekkengal Moderator

masahello

Sounds like you had a bit of a rough start back into marines, hopefully all goes well from here onwards! :)
    What type of bettas will you be breeding?

4. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

Welcome to MASA

5. LCornelius

LCornelius Moderator

Welcome to MASA!

6. Andrewv

Andrewv Thread Starter

Hi There All
    Thank You All for the nice Welcome. I think I am going to enjoy it here on the forum and will learn stax. Sorry for the confusion I am still running a Tropical aquarium for now as funds are low and I just managed to slide passed the "Mrs." with this last episode and it cost quite a bit to do the new tank. It cost me R4800-00 to set up, Tank, stand, sand and back ground picture. I bought myself the Sun Sun HRPC1200H unit and so far loving it, I still have some work ahead to get it running properly. I however lost around 20 fish without checking how many baby Guppies I have lost. I will do a count tonight and see. Anyways I need to go carry on with what I was doing on the new tank.

Cheers for now
    Andrew.:thumbup:

Recent Posts