New fish added into tank... female clown now aggro'ing

Reaction score
I got a small new foxface for my tank, as the previous one outgrew it. - 180L tank

however, after introducing it, my female clown went off at it. The foxface is able to defend itself with its spikes, however I now put the clown in the sump.

Do you guys think taking her out of the equation and then adding her back in a day or two should help? She is bigger than the the foxface.

Reaction score
Clown was probably just protecting its space. Putting it in the sump might help but not guaranteed. You will have to try and see what happens

Reaction score
I got a small new foxface for my tank, as the previous one outgrew it. - 180L tank

however, after introducing it, my female clown went off at it. The foxface is able to defend itself with its spikes, however I now put the clown in the sump.

Do you guys think taking her out of the equation and then adding her back in a day or two should help? She is bigger than the the foxface.
Not from my experience. Has the she ever laid eggs ?

I added a Harlequin Tusk, bigger than my clown and she attacked it non stop. Removed her and put her in the sump, added her back and instantly started attacking the Harlequin Tusk again. Sadly I could never add new fish, the clown would attack every one. They are extremely territorial and aggressive, size doesn’t matter to them. As I said though, that was my experience.

Reaction score
Took out the Foxface for now, as it is very small, talking about 3-4cm juvenile. So going to let it put on a bit of size and get fatter for the next month or 2.

Also busy with the Hyposalitnity treatment on it now, as I saw one or 2 white spots just after introducing it (have a bad habit of not quarantining marine fish) Then try again.

@Dazz07 , its a black/ orange mix type. They have been fine with the old foxface, however, it was quite a bit bigger.

Top Bottom