New cubist build

Reaction score
I have also joined this here community - so thought I would start with some specs of my new proposed system.I will make it picture intensive for those who dont like reading:pP.

I have a system at present that I am pretty happy with but have had to make a number of compromises on it. I am an absolute SPS freak but also like the movement that softcorals and LPS provide.

The solution to this is to create two separate systems/biotopes.

I am a huge fan of biotopes created to replicate specific reef zones and it is with this vision that I am moving forward.

Pictures to follow as things progress.:seeya:

Hi BB and welcome, looking forward to seeing the new system.

Hey BB, welcome to MASA.

Sounds like an exciting project. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

So BB, are you making a new soft coral tank or new sps tank?

I will be constructing a new SPS tank. My existing tank will still remain in-wall as it is now. I am going to convert this to a low light dendro-type system.

I will post all the details when time permits - I am planning to have many caves and overhangs with shelves scattered at varying heights - I will post a link to what I have in mind soon. The areas exposed to more light will be populated by softcorals and the lower caves etc will contain gorgonians and dendro's.

This system will be run using the FM dendro method and will utilise my existing equipment.

Last edited:
A picture of what I have in mind - this was done using ceramic rock - I would probably use liverock - or alternatively go this route and then seed it with some mushed up coraline.

view-from-left.jpg

and

view-from-right.jpg

I am realy hoping to create that "Public Aquarium" look with this system.

:wave2: Hi there, where U from?

Welcome to the forum, cant wait to see your aquascaping..

Muz

*POOF* and there is a sample..... nice ! Ceramic rock hey.. I would like to get that height, I wonder if it is one piece?

Muz

Last edited:
This i take is on of the Fauna Marin Systems?
If yes, please explain abit...
Thanks

Yes - will be .

In essence it is a food source FM developed specifically with filter feeders in mind.

It embraces the ULNS concept and allows the feeding of HUGE amounts of food to a tank whilst still keeping nutrient levels under control.

Reefers have been achieving a great deal of success doing this - with these hard to keep filter feeders now reaching years in captivity,growth has also become a reality.

Last edited:
Very interesting BB.
Good luck with that project, you gonna need it!!:)

Yes - will be .

In essence it is a food source FM developed specifically with filter feeders in mind.

It embraces the ULNS concept and allows the feeding of HUGE amounts of food to a tank whilst still keeping nutrient levels under control.

Guys have been achieving a great deal of success doing this - with these hard to keep filter feeders now reaching years in captivity,Growth has also become a reality.

Thanks BB.
ULNS= Ultra Low Nutrient System?

Yeah I love the look of a system with lots of caves, crevices and gulley's. Creates that real under water atomosphere.

Hey you look different in your avatar from the last time I saw you.. :23:

Welcome BB, your new projects sound very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom