new commer

A VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA, Hugo! Awesome that you have found us, and joined MASA! Great to have you on-board, man!

Do you already have a marine/reef-tank? If so - please give us a full description of what you have? Also, please post pictures of the tank (and hardware/lifestock) - as this is the ONLY way we can really share your passion with you!

If you don't have a marine / reef-tank yet - please let us know what you have in mind?

Please read as MUCH as possible on MASA, and all over the internet - about keeping marines..... As this is a LIFE-STYLE, and journey! This really becomes part of your life. You become enriched and learn of things, that you would never have though possible, previously!

Please read through as many threads in our other "New Members" and "Members tanks and setups"..... please identify a goal that you would like to achieve. And then ask the questions, and let us assist you - that you can achieve this goal!

Please remember the following few points:
- NO QUESTION IS TOO STUPID TO ASK - only the unasked questions are
- YOU NEED A LOT OF PATIENCE in keeping marines
- Local Pet shops / fish shops do not always give the best advice - please come and double check EVERYTHING a fish / pet shop advises you, here with us! Collectively, we have a HUGE amount of (some internationally recognized, and even international guests) experience!

Good luck - and please don't be a stranger now.....

I only have a fresh water tank now about for 7 years. Really want to go into marine now but want to do my research first. Sorry for the grammer i am actually afrikaans as you can see

So Where do I start? Any good links where i can go read alot of the do's and donts? Please guys HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

wecome hugo!

read this for now Starting a Marine Tank - Beginner Discussions

and go to the beginner discussions forum. lots of stuff there.

basically what you gotta do first is look around on masa and the interent ect, for tanks that you really like, size, shape, contents and equipment. use those tanks to set a goal. and go from there.

what size tank do you have? it is very possible to convert it to marine.

I only have a fresh water tank now about for 7 years. Really want to go into marine now but want to do my research first. Sorry for the grammer i am actually afrikaans as you can see

no problem with afrikaans, Crispin is english and also suffers grammer and spelling...lmao:slayer::slayer:

Welcome. Tell us what you want to do, post a pic or two if you have a tank already and we will help you along

hello Hugo :) Welcome to MASA its a great place to learn about marines :)

I hadnjt realised you were afrikaans at all, as sean points out i find it better to simp-ly post pics so i dont get spelling and gramma wrong....a thousand words and all that :)

spend a while reading through MASA, there really are some inspirational threads in the members section and some really great discussions under the new beginner threads :)

also, if you dont understand something you read, just ask us, we will do all we can to explain and help you along.

about the only simularity between fresh water fish and marine fish, is that they are fish. the rest is new....even the water...... so read all you can :)

Welcome to MASA!!

Back
Top Bottom