New comer basics to start a marine tank

Discussion in 'New Members' started by WadeSmith, 15 Sep 2016.

1. WadeSmith

WadeSmith

Good Morning all

Im new to the marine aquarium hobby, i have a good few years of tropical aquarium experience and i am still successfully maintaining a 240L tropical aquarium. I have never had a marine aquarium before and i would really like to start a small marine tank with basic stuff like rocks and 2 clown fish. Thinking of a tank around 60L.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Hi, welcome to the hobby. There is a lot to learn but the great members here will help you along the way. To start off it would be a good idea to get some reading done, we have great articles to get you started and give you an idea of how it all works.

Setting up a reeftank - http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showcase/setting-up-a-reeftank.39/
    Starting With Marines - http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showcase/starting-with-marines.31/
    Marine Aquarium Cycle - http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showcase/marine-aquarium-cycle.35/

Also, feel free to ask any questions you may have, we'll all jump in to help. :)

4. Dizi

Dizi

:welcomewave:

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

6. EFJ

EFJ MASA Contributor

masahello

Welcome to the Addiction. Once this hobby has you it's difficult to shake off.:thumbup:

7. WadeSmith

WadeSmith Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. @viper357 thanks i will definitely read those articles when i get time, i am still looking for a decent small to medium size marine tank at the right price so things are going to start slow for me cuz i first have to find the tank then every month i will buy different things for the tank and do my research in between. I dont want to rush into it and make mistakes. @EFJ haha yeah it is a very addictive hobby as i have been doing tropical fish keeping for some years now and it definitely is something thats not easily shaken off, but then again i dont want to shake it off as i really enjoy the aquarium hobby thats why i want to start with a marine tank now.

8. oliver

oliver

Welcome once addicted it never lets go.

9. martinhal

martinhal

Hi , welkom.

I have a 55*55*55 cube with a sump , skimmer and lighting that I am upgrading during the week. PM me if you are keen.

10. Mike geldart

Mike geldart

hi there
    remember that with a small tank there is less margin for error whilst in a bigger tank there is sometimes easier to keep depending on your budget so my suggestion is to go as big as you can afford

11. Spyhunter

Spyhunter

Welcome

12. desiree

desiree

Hi agree with Mike geldart. The bigger the better. Struggled with temperature in my old 100.

13. WadeSmith

WadeSmith Thread Starter

Yeah i bought myself the AMW102 which is a 120L, i do hear that there will be a heat issue but i will figure something out to resolve that, but thanks for the advice everyone. Will be setting up my new tank next year sometime and will make a thread from the start to show my progress.

Recent Posts