New beginning

Reaction score
Hi all im from pta and this is my starting in marine i would realy appretiate asmuch help as possible as i have never had marine fish but is realy intrestedin is as i am also a scuba diver. here is a pic of my tank after running for a month.

:thumbup:

526477a5e6277a5d.jpg

526477a5cca6f1ea.jpg

526477a5e6277a5d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i dont have a sump as i talked to some people and thy said is it not needed as the back of the tank has a over flow filter build in. the lights is 1xarcadia marine white lamp18w 600 mm & 1xarcadia marine blue actinic 18w 600 mm

Please show pics?

As for the sump, if you are fortunate enough to have an overflow. You can convert it to feed a sump beneath the tank.

Then you can hide the skimmer and install an Deep Sand Bed that will help with keeping (aargh!! I cant remember the names) your water in good condition. He.. he..

While you are beginning I would advise you to browse through MASA and get the setup right now before you stock that beautiful tank. ;)

Hi Wildbunny and welcome.

The guys here will definately be of great assistance.

My advice is patience, patience, patience and ask, ask ask!!!

Welcome to the forum wildbunny.

Looks like you're off to a good start there, nice looking tank. Good to see it's been running for a month and you haven't added any livestock yet :thumbup:

Any idea on what you want to keep? Fish only or do you want to keep corals as well?

Stick around, the guys here will ensure you end up with an awesome tank :)

welcometomasa Wildbunny

Welcome to MASA Wildbunny:thumbup:

here is a pic of my tank after running for a month.

:thumbup:

526477a5e6277a5d.jpg

Stunning tank wildbunny.
Have you used stainless orr aluminium as trim. Really dig the idea.

Agree with the sump and moving the skimmer downstairs comment. The skimmer distracts from an otherwise perfect set up.

Welcome wildbunny! And yeah - everyone else has already said it all. Only one thing to add - please post pictures as you go along! Nice to see progress pictures! :)

And oh yes - nice to have another fellow SCUBA diver on the forum! ;-)

Who you dive with? Scuba Scene?

Back
Top Bottom