New around

Reaction score
Hi there

I am new to the marine world.I have a 1200*450*450 i want to make a skinny over flow at the back pane,but i am not to sure about the size that will work correct and take up to much space of the back pane.Any ideas ?

masahello

Welcome!!

@Tobes will greet you shortly, look in his signature. There are great links on starting a marine tank.
Ask as many questions as you need.

And post pics of your progress ect. We like pics:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to MASA, great that you joined us. The link on starting a marine tank is in my signature - great info, enjoy it ;)

Welcome to MASA, great that you joined us. The link on starting a marine tank is in my signature - great info, enjoy it ;)

LOL thats what i said!!:lol:

Hello and welcome.

I changed 2 standard 1.2 Daro tanks. First one with skinny overflow, second with good old standard corner box.

First mistake,on first tank I made the overflow right in the middle at the back of the tank. Directly under the centre cross brace. Yes, that was stupid in hind sight. A small snail went in there, got stuck, died and created this wonderful waterfall sound. And there is no way that I could get anything in there to be able to get the snail out. Secondly, its too narrow. Must be at least 200mm wide.

Second tank, with standard corner overflow box. Is a lot better. Easier and with standard Durso standpipe, a lot less noisy.

First buy the bulkhead before you drill the tank. Else you might find that you cannot fit the bulkhead later.

Hi Riaan
Thanks for the advice.Where is your return pype coming in into the display tank from the sump?

Hello and welcome.

I changed 2 standard 1.2 Daro tanks. First one with skinny overflow, second with good old standard corner box.

First mistake,on first tank I made the overflow right in the middle at the back of the tank. Directly under the centre cross brace. Yes, that was stupid in hind sight. A small snail went in there, got stuck, died and created this wonderful waterfall sound. And there is no way that I could get anything in there to be able to get the snail out. Secondly, its too narrow. Must be at least 200mm wide.

Second tank, with standard corner overflow box. Is a lot better. Easier and with standard Durso standpipe, a lot less noisy.

First buy the bulkhead before you drill the tank. Else you might find that you cannot fit the bulkhead later.

Where is your return pype coming in into the display tank from the sump?

I use 2 or 3 elbows or 90 degree bends to make a hook. The third elbow is just needed to point the flow sideways.

10944a6ad44083a23.jpg

important is your siphon break. I use a garden irrigation micro connector. If I can see the pee-line, then its ok. No line and you use a tooth pick to open it.

Back
Top Bottom