New 800x800x600 Cube

Reaction score
Ok so started out with an Aqua H2O 30gallon tank but soon realised that this wont be good enough so I am getting things ready for a 800x800x600 cube and sump built by Idol Marine. As this is not a cheap hobby have decided to slowly accumulate some hardware. This is what I have so far

Waterboy RO Unit
IMG_2780.jpg

JNS SK3 Skimmer
IMG_2783.jpg

JNS Nitrate Reactor
IMG_2784.jpg

End of this month will look at getting a calcium reactor and phosphate reactor.

Still looking for some decent lights with internal digital timers but so far looks like I will have to import.

Any comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated about other hardware I should be investing in.

Ah, so you got the big brother! Got the SK2 from Nathan on Saturday

Ah, so you got the big brother! Got the SK2 from Nathan on Saturday

Yes was actually wanting the sk2 but it had been sold(sale must have fallen through) but very happy with the sk3, might be overkill with a 400l system but you can never go to big LMAO:peroni:

Dude forget about the rest you have a vuvuzella there , aparently thats all you need these days..........LOL

So what stock are you going to be keeping?

Not sure will decide as soon as the tank has matured( going to let it run for 3 months)

Nice kit you have there mate!!

Ok so I went to Idol Marine on Saturday to discuss the sump and stand. Well seeing that I am puting everything including the kitchen sink in there the stand is now going to be 1200x800 instead of 800x800. Still waiting for my Korallin Calcium reactor to arrive but that should be here next week, Adriaan will organise the CO2 cylinder and valves as well as a Kalkwasser.

Still contemplating whether I should get the Profilux 3 EX PAB kit, bit expensive here and thinking of getting it in the UK. So we are finally starting and will post pics of new toys as they arrive, as well as pics of the tank, sump and stand when they are done. Hopefully soon. Will be using marine ply for cabinatery and still need to find someone that will do a good job.

Nearly forgot, my 2 260 litre JoJo tanks will be arriving tomorrow, 1 for RO and the other for mixing salt water. Anyone prepared to do some plumbing for me (I will pay), its just that when it comes to working with my hands I'm a complete cluts. I have a mixing pump but not sure what pipes and valves to get as well as float switches

What did you pay for the JoJo tanks if I may ask. And where did you get them from?

Paid R550 ea from Plumblink in Sandton, it takes a while for them to arrive pd about 2 weeks ago and still waiting. You can always go fetch them from JoJo in Pta and then its cheaper as well.

I can't remember the name of the place but it's on louis botha ave. Pretty close to the doll house roadhouse. They only do plumbing supplies.

You can also get from A store in Edenvale. FAB gets their stock from A store

Not in the Norwood area, but can make a plan to stop by next week sometime when i'm back in SA?

Back
Top Bottom