New 2m Aquaria aquarium in a Penthouse

Discussion in 'Aquaria' started by Aquaria-SA, 9 Aug 2013.

1. Aquaria-SA

Aquaria-SA Sponsor

Well Reefers I thought I should share some of our work we do each day. I would share a lot more but it’s not always possible as we do so many installations and time is not always on our side.
    This new Installation was a very challenging one and really put us to the test. Firstly we needed to get one of our 2m Aquaria systems up 6 flights of stairs. We this was going to be the hardest challenge of our day…so we thought. Well we got it up to the top of the stairs, only then we realized we had a new challenge to contend with. When we measured the space before the installation, we had about 20cm to play with or so we thought. When we got to the top the support pillars on the passageway where obstructing us as we tried to move around the corner. Well we now had to really put our minds together. We worked out that the only way would be to place the Aquarium on its side standing straight up and that exactly what we did. We stood the whole aquarium on its side glass and carried it meter by meter. It was really one of the most challenging setups I have had to deal with. now this was the easy part....[​IMG] [​IMG] and this was the challenge...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] well we go it up to this pint and then the real challenge started....[​IMG] how do you bend a 2m x 0.860 x 0.600 around this corner?[​IMG] more challenges [​IMG] and thinner passages :p

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aquaria-SA

Aquaria-SA Thread Starter Sponsor

[​IMG]finally after 4 hours we get it inside the penthouse:thumbup:[​IMG] unpacking time
    [​IMG] [​IMG] easy dose it......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] putting it in place and making sure its level [​IMG] [​IMG] set up time with our new Aquaria Cal -Side substrate..[​IMG]
    Our client dream is to have an aquarium with a full coral reef in his home and this is what we are going to do for him.
    What we used in the set up:
    Aquaria Ammonia stones 4 kg
    Aquaria coral reef salt to mix the synthetic salt water
    Aquaria Marine RO to make the RO water
    Aquaria AAA Carbon 750g
    Aquaria Cal-Side substrate x 40kg
    Live Rock x 150 kg
    Aquaria Super nitrifying bacteria

4. Aquaria-SA

[​IMG] Aqua scape time[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] lovely quality live rock [​IMG] [​IMG] ,[​IMG] Now its all filled and running, time to start peeling of the plastic protection

5. Aquaria-SA

[​IMG] and there you go[​IMG] [​IMG] close up of our Aquaria Cal-Side[​IMG] and a must for every aquarium ..new and old:thumbup:

6. Aquaria-SA

I will keep you all updated as this system grows in to a super reef setup:thumbup:

7. Henkie

Henkie

I'll buy you a step ladder for the aquascaping:lol:

Looks really sweet man!:thumbup:

8. Aquaria-SA

:lol:lol yaa we forgot it at one of the other setups and the way the day was going I decided to make a plan...

9. Aquaria-SA

some updates

We I have to say this setup is doing really great. we have started stocking it now , our client only wants soft corals and fish.
    [​IMG] before I post the other pic's thought I would show everyone how our skimmers do. This pic was taken the day of the set up[​IMG] [​IMG] this is now , just a little more info this skimmer was emptied a week ago..check the skimmer cup:yeahdude:

10. Aquaria-SA

updated pictures

[​IMG] all soft corals ..lots still needed[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I will post more pic's reefers once we add more fish and corals

Recent Posts