Nennies

a small nennie update:)

he is certianly the centre piece of my slowly developing little reef. By centre I mean he moved off the reef from the top down to a cave under the reef. Deep dark hole actually. I then read up a little and as Likesfish says they need light for photosynthesys, but as he was static and not chopping tentacles in power heads I left him be.

then i feed my fish sinking pellets. I mean thats just fish food.

he got hold of a whole lot, too much so he ended up spewing it back out his mouth into the tank. Gave me a heat attack. you can see it comming out his mouth as a brown mucus.

So i opened the reef up above him, turned the cave he was in, into a canyon between two sections of LR and reef structure and he and the clown seem as happy as anything.

but as beautiful as the fella is, and as fascinating and delightful i find to watch him and the clown, it was a stupid impulse purchase:(

IMG_1529.jpg

He looks really healthy. Maybe the lighting was too bright for his liking and he had to produce the right algae's first...

Nice going :)

hmmm i just think he went subside of the reef to start without worrying about light. I only have 6 T5's in there anyway, and its 700 deep so i dont think too bright, but perhaps while he was up top:) i will look fora pic of him vommiting pellet food up....projectile nog al!

My shrooms do that now and then. Like this long piece of brown slime right?
My shrimps make fast food of it though...

Perhaps the light was too bright for him at that point. If they don;t have the algae to protect them they cna get burnt. They expell them if the under stress as well..
Just a thought anyway.
Atleast now he looks really good ;)

thanks guys, i must admit i can and do watch him for hours. I would love to get a nennie crab too:)

here is the pic of him spewing regurgitated pellet food out. Gave me a heart attack!

Back
Top Bottom