Nennie splitting

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by Annoying, 30 Jul 2010.

1. Annoying

Annoying

Hey Brenda

Finally I got my Red base bubble tip anemone a few weeks ago. Everything is going great and last week I noticed something strange when I fed it. One half of the nenie closed and the other half remained open. the closing half was the one I was feeding. Then I noticed the second mouth on the nennie. Now I guess the nennie split in my tank and was confirmed today by a small nennie moving up from the mother nennie. Unfortunetley they look like one nennie because the tentacles still touch eachother, but when feeding you can clearly see the second nennie. Now the question... Is it possible that ther could be more then one splet because is eems that there a few more peaces of the nennie scting the same way as the new one did, and what would be the best feeding sugestion to keep the new nennie going strong.

Thank you very much
    ( will see if able to load pics tommorow, but having serious internet problems so don't even know if I'll be able to read the replies.)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anemone

Anemone

It is possible that there was a 3 way split. It is also possible that after the first split, one of the clones split again. BTAs split when they are stressed. It is not uncommon for a newly introduced BTA to split. The move is enough to cause a split. However, if you find that they keep splitting, let me know. We need to find the cause.

As far as feeding, I don't recommend feeding until they are completely healed. This usually takes about 7 days. How big are the clones?

4. Annoying

Annoying Thread Starter

I would say around 5-7cm

5. Anemone

Anemone

Thats a decent sized anemone for just splitting! :thumbup:

I would feed a portion 1/2 the size of the mouth (when closed) 2 - 3 times a week. If it can't handle it, make them smaller. If it starts growing too big, too fast, cut down on the feedings.

6. Annoying

Annoying Thread Starter

Thanks! Will try and feed it in a few days time. Want to feed it as fat as possible that it can grow as fast as possible:lol:, haha just kidding.

Thanks allot for all the trouble

7. Anemone

Anemone

You're welcome, and it was no trouble!

Some don't want their anemones taking over their tank. If you want yours to grow fast, feed often! ;)

Recent Posts