The NemoLight AquaMarine is a new LED strip light from AquaMaxx with a focused design for medium light reef tanks. By delivering features that users really need and stripping away everything they don’t, the NemoLight LED promises powerful value in an easy to use strip light.
AquaMaxx is best known for Taiwanese protein skimmers, relabelled filter medias such as carbon, GFO biopellets etc. and the occasional light bulbs. So the NemoLight LED is a new entry into the AquaMaxx catalog but it seems to echo the affordability that the brand is already well known for.
The design of the NemoLight is basically a thin metal body functioning as the heatsink for the LEDs, and the whole assembly is supported by basic adjustable mounting arms. However the most compelling feature of the NemoLight AquaMarine is the very swanky flush-mounted multicontroller built right in to the body of the fixture. The NemoLight controller offers basic yet important controls of the two LED color channels, and perhaps more useful is a 12 hour timer which also simulates sunrise and sunset.
The LEDs themselves are of the SMD variety with an even mix of blue and white diodes, with a few red and green LEDs thrown in for added pop. These kind of LEDs have no primary lens, beaming light out in a 180 degree angle. This is great for maximum color mixing and producing a very uniform light field but it also sacrifices a little bit of intensity in the process.
AquaMaxx is offering the NemoLight LED as a strip light in three different sizes, and one nano NemoLight which is more like a small panel. The NemoLight AquaMarine starts out at $89 for the Nano rated at 18 watts, $139 for the 24″ light at 36 watts, $169 for the 36″ light at 54 watts, and the largest line in the series is 48 inches long, costs $209 and has a maximum power of 72 watts. [Marine Depot]
Readers also viewed:
- First Impressions of the Aquamaxx ConeS Series Skimmers
- AquaMaxx Phosphate Out Pro is a GFO with even more PO4 removing power
- AquaMaxx Zeo Reactors
- AquaMaxx adds JNS ConeS Protein Skimmer to product line
- AquaMaxx updates two new larger models of EcoMaxx protein skimmers
- AquaMaxx Star calcium reactor S-1 and S-2 are sleek and packed with features
- AquaMaxx EcoMaxx EM Series protein skimmers looking to save you space and power
- New AquaMaxx Nano Star Calcium Reactor looking to pack a big punch with a small size