Nemo aggressive ...

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I’ve purchased 4 chromises last week Saturday, and added them to my tank.
But for some reason the one clown is very aggressive against them, he will go out of his way to chase these poor little fellows.
I’ve removed him and placed him in the sump.

How long do you recon do I need to keep him there before I can put him back in the display tank?
What is really strange for me, is the fact that when I’ve added the Regal tang (same size as the chromises) he didn’t even looked at him.
What other cheap beauties can i buy to put in my tank, as my budget doesn't allow me to pay big bucks for fish?....By cheap - i mean R150 or less...

IMO seeing as the Nemo is part of the Damsel family he may see the Chromis as competition. Did you put them as well as the Nemo into the tank at the same time or was the Nemo first in the tank? If the latter it may be that the Nemo allready established a territory and saw the other damsels as intruders in his territory. My little nemo leaves his tank mates alone(no other damsels in the tank) but is very aggresive toward what he perceive as athreat to him or his anemone(territory). Great choices in the cheaper price bracket would be Fire Gobies, Midas blennies, watchmen gobies or most other from this family.

What other inhabitants do you currently have in your reef? Btw my Nemo once bit me so hard whilst I was feeding the anemone that I bled!

just the 3 nemos, and now the chromises....
a couple of small hermits, nemmy, snails, ext...Nothing major
So i'm looking for more fish.
Do you recon that i will be able to bring the clown back to the display tank soon?

Hi guys,
But for some reason the one clown is very aggressive against them, he will go out of his way to chase these poor little fellows.

How long do you recon do I need to keep him there before I can put him back in the display tank?
What is really strange for me, is the fact that when I’ve added the Regal tang (same size as the chromises) he didn’t even looked at him.
What other cheap beauties can i buy to put in my tank, as my budget doesn't allow me to pay big bucks for fish?....By cheap - i mean R150 or less...

leave the clown for at least a week, the chromis will get a foothold in the tank, then you should be fine.

Is anything hosting your clowns ? If not maybe look into this as this keeps the clowns in the host's area. If they just free roaming around the tank they will be as aggressive as other damsels, especially the females.

Cheaper Marine fish - Chromis, most of the damsels (cause no one wants them :whistling:)

If you get lucky you may come across the odd shop that sells goldies cheaper than R150.00, now these are really beautiful fish.

Loads of wrasse are available in this price range

I can remember at least three occasions when my female Tomato Clown drew my blood - they're especially aggro when defending a nest.

What other inhabitants do you currently have in your reef? Btw my Nemo once bit me so hard whilst I was feeding the anemone that I bled!

Yeah they are worse than Foxterriers, so small but eishh...!:76:

Hi guys,

Funny you bring this up, coz my nemo does the same thing, my clowns were in the tank first and then i introduced one chromis, and the one clown (which i assume is the female coz it's bullish toward the other clown and chromis) chases the chromis all the time, but the chromis has been fine for a week now, he actually seems to tease the nemo with his speed

Back
Top Bottom