Urgent help needed Nemmie in trouble!

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Mrabkin, 5 Jul 2012.

1. Mrabkin

Mrabkin

Hey guys,

In a situation with my nemmie, hoping for some advice before I lose it.

Had my sand anemone for almost a year now, very healthy and happy up until 4 months ago when a 4 day power failure did some harm. She lost a lot of size and color during that period and it was a slow few months of recouperation thereafter.

A week ago I had to do a sudden move of house, and therefore tanks! Since the move she has not settled, and not attached anywhere. It is now looking sadder than ever, and has started losing stickyness... dire straits!

My question is I'm worried the male tomato clown is hassling her, and is part of the problem. It actually looked to me like he was manuvering her around the tank, swishing her around and moving her to a specific spot repeatedly. It even looked liketheclown picked the nemmie up with a gentle bite and swam her into that spot... but I may be confused, I've never heard of that.

Should I isolatenemmiewith a upside down plasticcontainer in a chosen spot, or leave the clown and nature to take its course? If i need to isolate,then whereshould I position her? Lowish light I assume, due to bleaching? Medium flow I assume due to lack of strength?

Any advice urgently appreciated! I would hate to lose her...

Mike.

N

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

Pic would help.
    If the clown is hassling the anemone, the I'd separate the two. Rather remove the clown than put the anemone in an upside down container.

4. Mrabkin

Mrabkin Thread Starter

Pic is a problem from Android tablet...

Problem with moving clown is that i have two small onyx perculas in my other setup, and the tomato clown will eat them up!

5. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

Get a breeding net thing from the pet shop. The clown will be fine in there for a couple days while the anemone settles.

Recent Posts