Neils little reef

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been on here a while, so thought I would posta pic or 2.
The system is 1700l approx with the main display about 1000l.
The 'engine room' as it has become know is in the shed. This houses all the equipment except the 4 x 10,000l Sequence pumps which are setup as closed loops. The tank below the main display was installed only to enable me to keep my lionfish without creating a seperate system.
Enjoy,
Neil:slayer:

FullTankShot.jpg

TankPlumbing.jpg

Theshed.jpg

thats awsome we need loads more pics

Wow, quite a system there! You been hiding it all this time huh?

We need MORE pics :D Some of the livestock, and those lionfish, and then of course some of the INSIDE of the engine room :p

Here is one of my stainless steel lighting rig. For work at the front of the tank, the actinics slide out the way. Their slide is just visible. When I need to access the tank, I can swing it away from the tank. Helps for those difficult to reach places:
Lightingunitclosed.jpg

Lightingunitopen.jpg

WOW! Some beautiful and unique fish you have there! Great System!
Please let us know more about your "engine room"?

Also: what additives do you use? Do you have a DSB? Skimmer? CA reactor? Phosphate reactor? Do you use kalkwasser? etc.... What do you "feed" your fish and corals, and how often?

And what are your personal believes regarding this hobby (what to do and what not to do)....

Sorry about the 20 questions - just curious about what your secrets are in keeping such a beautiful piece of coral reef in you lounge.

Thanks.
Jacques

Oh I see now why you didn't share this before. You wanted people to still talk to you and stuff... :D :thumbup:

Seems I'll be :1: again tonight...

OMG !!!!!!!!!!
That is just awesome... Lighting rack design is really cool.

Some beautiful there, love that Multifaciatus.

And he has the cheek to call this thread "Neils little reef" :D

Stunning system Neil, would love to see and hear more about it, your photo's are stunning, excellent camera work :thumbup:

Stunning system Neil. Why was it kept from us for so long?

Here are a few of the shed.
The extreme right houses the skimmer. It originally recided in the main shed, but was upgraded and would not fit in the shed. Therefore I had to extend the shed.
First a reminder. Note the LHS extension:
Theshed.jpg

Here is the skimmer extension:
29-08-2007010.jpg

Here is the RHS of the shed: The space in front of the filter chamber is where the old skimmer was. The 63mm pipe is the return from the new skimmer.
29-08-2007007.jpg

And the LHS of the shed:
29-08-2007029.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Some beautiful and unique fish you have there! Great System!
Please let us know more about your "engine room"?
Also: what additives do you use? Do you have a DSB? Skimmer? CA reactor? Phosphate reactor? Do you use kalkwasser? etc.... What do you "feed" your fish and corals, and how often?
And what are your personal believes regarding this hobby (what to do and what not to do)....
Sorry about the 20 questions - just curious about what your secrets are in keeping such a beautiful piece of coral reef in you lounge.
Thanks.
Jacques
THanks,
More unique fish to follow;) .
Engine room pics now added. I run a shallow sand bed, Grotech HEA250 skimmer, Deltec 509 Ca reactor, phosphate in a sack (read, girlfriends stocking) in sump, Aqua Medic Kalk stirrer and run carbon a few hours a day.
#Fish are fed morning and evening. a mix of pellets, flake and frozen. Corals must make do with lighting.
The what do I do and not do are still under scritiny, will let you know if I am correct in a few years.;) ;) ;) ;)
Neil

Back
Top Bottom