Need some advise

ml

Reaction score
Hi

I was wounderring if you could put your DSB with you skimmer and not in another camber

PS back from ST Lucia

Last edited:
It would be difficult not to disturb the DSB when maintaining the skimmer also where would the skimmer outflow go? it would stir up the DSB if it was in the same chamber.

I took the advise you guys gave me and now only have 2-3 bags of chemic rings left and the same for the bioballs

You guys ROCK!!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Well my skimmer is fed directly from my tank and only blows out the water at the top of it and some of my overflow water is there for sirculation and that stuff

Will this be OK?

Does any one in Krugerdorp have an exsta sump thay would like to sell or give a way ?

Well my skimmer is fed directly from my tank and only blows out the water at the top of it and some of my overflow water is there for sirculation and that stuff

Will this be OK?
please try describe this again, is your overflow split into two where some goes directly into your skimmer and then some dumps into your DSB?

ok then, from what i described your setup is the way i had it when i first started, it works yes, it will be ok. it all depends on how much your DSB is being disturbed
I agree Scuba.My system is almost exactly the same.The only diff is i have a single overflow which travels out of my tank and then splits at a t-piece to the skimmer and DSB.Has been running perfectly for quite some time now.;)But definitely a better idea not to have it in the same chamber as the DSB

I agree Scuba.My system is almost exactly the same.The only diff is i have a single overflow which travels out of my tank and then splits at a t-piece to the skimmer and DSB.Has been running perfectly for quite some time now.;)But definitely a better idea not to have it in the same chamber as the DSB
yeah, it is, i changed my set up after a while though. Now everything goes into the initial skimmer chamber and the skimmer takes what it can from there and the rest just goes into the DSB anyway but with less of an impact on disturbing the sand. The same thing in theory but just a lot less tinkering involved

Just to clarify,my wording wasnt accurate....the water goes from the overflow to a t-piece,from the t-piece it splits to the DSB and skimmer and the skimmers outlet goes to the dsb,so at the end of the day it all goes through the dsb and only some goes through the skimmer:)...does that make sense:p

Builing new tank that is 51L X 31B X 15H volume is 23l will this be ok for you. Because my idea does not seem to work , the DSB doesn't get any waterflow
2) if you have sand in your Display Tank do you need to rake it ofen?

Builing new tank that is 51L X 31B X 15H volume is 23l will this be ok for you. Because my idea does not seem to work , the DSB doesn't get any waterflow
ml I have sugarfine aragonite in my display and ive placed my wavemakers in such a way that there is a constant flow just over the aragonite.That way I dont get any debris settling on it.I also vacuum the not so flowing areas so now and then,but not often.I would say maybe once a month I disturb the arag here and there.;)

would this be 51 cms X 31cms X 15cms? is this only for the DSB area or the whole sump? is it for the sump?
ml I have sugarfine aragonite in my display and ive placed my wavemakers in such a way that there is a constant flow just over the aragonite.That way I dont get any debris settling on it.I also vacuum the not so flowing areas so now and then,but not often.I would say maybe once a month I disturb the arag here and there.;)
this helps, but if you have fish etc that disturb the sand everytime they swim past it helps. Take JBs 20cm regal tang, that thing must kick up a storm with every one of its kicks:yeahdude:

well you should make the DSB as big as you have space for, so look to see what space you have, what space you can take from other chambers to use for the DSB and make it as big as possible. 15cms for the glass height is too low. the DSB needs to be that height so the glass height around the DSB should be about 25cms. Your DSB sounds as though it will be big enough. but if you can make it bigger it would be better for you

sorry a bit to late orady cut the glass and don't have any 5mm left only 10mm and I cant cut it. Can i make the DSB 5-9 cm or do it have to be 15cm ?

Back
Top Bottom