Need some advise

sorry a bit to late orady cut the glass and don't have any 5mm left only 10mm and I cant cut it. Can i make the DSB 5-9 cm or do it have to be 15cm ?
you need it to be about 12 to 15cms thick depending on your grain size. the smaller the grain the shallower the DSB can be. Is it possible to get som more glass? or stick a strip there to increase its height a bit?

I brout back some seasand from St lucia about 1.5 kg. The grain is only +-0.2mm

Last edited:
the glass strips I have is only 4cm and I have a lot of plicsiglass (almost acrillic)

Hey ml.How is your tank going to be setup.Have you got pics.Remember your sump has to handle the overflow of your tank if the power cuts,did you check that.What sort of sump design are you going with,even a diagram would be cool;)

I brout back some seasand from St lucia about 1.5 kg. The grain is only +-0.2mm
with that size grain you would need about 13cms(IMHO) to create a sufficient layer
the glass strips I have is only 4cm and I have a lot of plicsiglass (almost acrillic)
well its better to have one piece of glass to do this or two. you could buy another piece of glass about 12cm tall and brace the other glass to raise the level which could be alright. I will be doing this in my 1.2m sump to increase the water volume
Phosphate Test Kits
Phosphate - Hagen
Is this a good test kit
have you bought them already? i would say use Tropic Marine test kits. they are very reliable and quite accurate. I'm not too familiar with Hagen, maybe someone else can help here
Hey ml.How is your tank going to be setup.Have you got pics.Remember your sump has to handle the overflow of your tank if the power cuts,did you check that.What sort of sump design are you going with,even a diagram would be cool;)
yes, this needs to be factored in. it may not affect your DSB but if you are designing a new sump you might want to include this
Goodisor I am putting a tank spesialy desaind for a DSB
will it be a tank purely for a DSB? as in no other things in that tank? just a one chamber tank for your DSB?

Pleksi i have is 2.5 mm and is better to handel for me so can I use it instade of glass or is that a:nono:

well, you would need a bigger strip but i think it could be ok. it doesn't really matter if its not one hundred percent water tight. but what i would worry about is wether or not it would bend too much. so i think if you have a bigger piece it would be better. maybe go about seven or eight cms above the top of the dsb. but i think you should be ok to my knowledge. just make sure it is strong and doesn't warp too much
Posted via Mobile Device

PO4 1.0 Mg/l what to do now?

I'd certainly re-test with a different test kit, failing that run a P04 remover and do some daily 10% water changes after an emergency 30% water change, make sure you are not adding P04 by checking your R/O or salt mix before adding.

DSB should be 12cm or thicker to ensure oxygen defecient zones.

Back
Top Bottom