Need lights for my display

Reaction score
Hi everyone i am busy setting up my first reef tank and i am looking for some lights the tank is 1500x450x550 i am looking for some nice lights that wont brake my wallet and end up in my fiance killing me pics of the tank
uploadfromtaptalk1449547275990.jpg

T5 will be fine. But if you're looking at LEDs then 2 pharos 130 watts should work (according to the recommended tank size given by Andre)

Also, how's the ventilation in that hood? Make sure there is sufficient airflow so that it doesn't get too hot and humid.

It is open at the back so not alot of airflow
What size t5 will be fine the 120cm or the 150cm ?

Last edited:
Hi Xander. I have a 150cm quad t5 unit that i took of my aquria tank. I replaced them with a led unit. Pm if you interested. Have new ati tubes on them.

20151207_180017.jpg

Also have a timer for the lights. The unit is in excellent condition. Pm me if you interested. Tnx

T5 units. 54W
Either quad Odesea. Or dual T5 unit with PROPER reflectors. You will not believe how much of a difference proper reflectors makes.

Keeping the hood and Leds will not really work out. Leds needs a lot of ventilation around them and they need to be mounted higher than T5 units.

T5 units. 54W
Either quad Odesea. Or dual T5 unit with PROPER reflectors. You will not believe how much of a difference proper reflectors makes.

Keeping the hood and Leds will not really work out. Leds needs a lot of ventilation around them and they need to be mounted higher than T5 units.
Well that makes alot of sence tbh thanks for the reply

Leds need to mounted at the height that allows the light to spread enough to cover your tank. This could be affected by what lenses are on them as they come with varying degrees of lenses to focus the light

Back
Top Bottom