need help with flow!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Charl_Stanhope, 21 Apr 2011.

1. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

Hey guys

I just bought a sun sun submersible pump. The HJ 1121. I bought it to add flow to tank and I think I bought the wrong thing. Only saw its submersable pump at home. looked at the pics only in lfs. Can you use the submersible pump as a flow pump. Its shows pics of it in the dt.

Ive got a 130 litre tank. Ive already got a flow of 1000l/h in the dt so will it be too much if I add a 1400l on top of that giving it a total of 2400l/h. Ive got some gsp, mushrooms and a feather duster. should I rather just leave the 1000 l/h flow or can I add the sun sun?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Both pumps should be fine , if you get the angles right - face one of the pumps upwards to the surface .
    it does depend allot on the shape of the tank , but you should realy play with the pumps, the coral you now have dont want too much flow, but tuck them arround the liverock in sheltered areas .

4. maxisoft

maxisoft

In my opinion, flow is important, and you need much more than that. ;)

Consider a wave hitting a coral reef and the chaos it creates as it arrives and recedes till the next wave. That's why I have 1 x seio 10000 lt/hr, 1 x sun-sun dual 6000 lt/hr and a sun sun single 5000 lt/hr in a 4 ft tank with about 300 litres...

5. xtreme

xtreme

Also have a 130 lt DT and 2 x 3000L/H sun sun's in there and another 2100L/H in sump with nossels at back of LR and another 2100L/H connected to the chiller with outlet on top

6. fly*

fly* MASA Contributor

Lol, I have 1 Seio Polario 4ml in my 120l. Does me fine :)

Recent Posts