Need A Tank Fast

Reaction score
hey guys.

im looking for a 1.5 m tank if possible. i have to give my current one back in a month. guy who "gave" it to me wants i back! %^&*

so please anyone that can help me out with a good price ill be happy!

The tanks themselves are typically fairly cheap - just ask your LFS or local friendly reefer to make one up for you.

Do you get to keep all the kit other than the tank. That's the expensive and time-consuming part.

Q

yeah everything els is mine.

sand
sump
live rock
fish
skimmer etc.

only thing i need is a tank, stand, hood and lights!

Geoffrey if you can manage to arrange collection in CT I think we might be able to organize a 1.2 m with stand for about R500. Let me know.

thans alfie. if i cant sort something out here ill make a plan to get it from you. much appreciated though

Geoff, if worst comes to worst you could put all your livestock in a plastic container as a temporary measure until you've sorted out a replacement tank. I saw some 250 litre plastic drums at an LFS for R160 ea.

After you get the tank, the plastic container will still be very useful for mixing salt and storing RO water.

i'll let you know, but it will work you out more than R500 without stand

thats still cheaper than buying one isn't it? i've got like a R1000 to spend. what can we make with that? but i mean its u to you, doubt i'll be able to do it myself...

i'll help you any time man
call jaycee glass and see how much are they going to charge you for glass and then we can work on a budget from there.
Specs for tank?

i'll help you any time man
call jaycee glass and see how much are they going to charge you for glass and then we can work on a budget from there.
Specs for tank?

not too sure on the specs. decent size. not TOO big. 1.5m what do u think?

okay im thinking i don't really want to go over 300l because then my TS1 becomes a bit useless. 140x40x60? lxdxh = 336 litres. i think sounds more than big enough. but i need sketches on the best way to have it designed. c2c, overflow box(inside tank) durso pipes. etc.

hey, how about 1200x600x600 (432l)?

you'll have more depth to work with, 400 is a bit narrow & will restrict your aquascaping...

also i'm sure a TS1 should be able to cope with a light-medium bio load & by the time your tank matures you could have saved up for another TS1 or just a TS2/3...

this size would be very nice & "should" keep you happy for some time before you're going to upgrade to a huge tank anyways! :)

cheers,
ant

ps. get google sketchup & draw what you're planning so we can all see & comment, here's what i did in 5mins using sketchup:
1200_600_600_1.gif

Last edited:
that looks pretty good punk. thanks! i'm looking for a litle longer, so what about 1400x600x500. 420L... is 500 still enough depth?

Would it not be easier and less stressful for your tank inhabitants to offer the guy who wants his tank back your R1000 to buy his own tank and keep the tank you have?
My 2 cents worth......

Back
Top Bottom