Nebie

Discussion in 'New Members' started by nepellew, 17 Oct 2010.

1. nepellew

nepellew

Hi peeps was wondering if my tank is right to keep anemones i have 63L tank with two T8 15watt globes one is ocean sun and the other is coral sun the ocean sun is 10.000k will this lighting be enough for my fish and maby one anemone for my clown fish i havent put any thing in the tank yet still letting it cycle in two weeks gng to put 6kgs of live rock and then let it cycle again for 4 weeks is this right please help thanks a ton :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Smithers

Smithers

Hi nepellew, sorry to tell you your lighting will not be enough. I started the same way, 2 T8's and all the hope in the world of keeping a nenny. I ended up with 6 t5's and a metal hallide.
    anemones require good lighting and if kept under dim lighting like that it will not have a good time.

Do you have any pics or any other information about your filtration?

4. Pete

Pete

Welcome to Masa nepellew. Please what ever you do do not add a nennie to your system as the lighting is not enough to house a nennie and the system needs to be mature. As for the live rock you can add it now as this might prollong the cycle a bit as you are going to have some die off on the rock when you transport it. You could have added that to the system in the beggining once the salt was mixed up. Get yourself some Seachem Stability to help build up the bacteria in the system. Remember to take it slow as only bad things happen quickly in marines

5. Singularity

Singularity Hmmm amper!

masahello

6. nepellew

nepellew Thread Starter

thaks

thanks guys for the qucik reply this is what it looks like i have a standard filter that came with the tank and a resun sk-05 skimmer would you guys please tell me what i can put in the tank fish ,how much live rock , corals ,anenomes and what i need to to in order to make the fish happy thanks again peeps my fish tank is a juwel Rekord 600 if u want to put it in google and there is a website thanks

Last edited: 17 Oct 2010
Recent Posts