naso tang

Reaction score
Guys

I just want to know, I have a 1.2m X 800 X 600 (water level 550) tank.
Would you say no for a naso or yes?
I would like to have an saw it in smaller systems but according to me it needs a big tank, so was just wondering what your oppinion is about this.

I would say no. they grow faster than most tangs and they do need space and great water conditions.
they are not as forgiving as the other tangs.

Definitely not. They're capable of growing to over 40cm long and they're extremely fast growing. You'd need at the very least twice that length tank for an adult.

there growth is somewhat stunted in captivity,yes ive seen some rather large nasos but in our home aquariums they dnt grow that fast,i had a 7cm specimen for more than a year and it only grew by 1-2cm ,it was healthy and ate well... the one who dont care bout captivity is vlamingis and unicorns,they outgrow ur tank in mnths lol

so i say YES go for it,but get urself a nice small-medium and make sure it eats @ lfs coz if not,goodluck:lol:

yes, i had one a blonde naso. i bought is at 10cm after 3 months it was 15 cm thats when i starte to see that he needed more space. thus my post above. i'm not saying all naso's will grow 5cm in 3 months but mine did. i noticed that the larger he grew the more he would have scrapes and so on. at month 4 he was stuck to a flow pump one morning. that after swimming and eating as per normal the day before.

have any of u seen a very large Naso tang ?

do we know how fast they grow ?

I've seen many that are over 30cm. They'll usually reach this size in about 2 years if fed properly. These are open water fish that cruise well above the reef in the wild...it's wrong to keep them in a small tank with no swimming space.

this is my Naso hes not blond but i think hes Gr8 and hes about 3 cm long

54564feae6178f85d.jpg

there growth is somewhat stunted in captivity,yes ive seen some rather large nasos but in our home aquariums they dnt grow that fast,i had a 7cm specimen for more than a year and it only grew by 1-2cm ,it was healthy and ate well... the one who dont care bout captivity is vlamingis and unicorns,they outgrow ur tank in mnths lol

so i say YES go for it,but get urself a nice small-medium and make sure it eats @ lfs coz if not,goodluck:lol:

Stunting growth is FAR from an ideal situation. Keeping a fish for a year is also far from an indication of success. With a growth rate like that you were also borderline starving it.

Stunting growth is FAR from an ideal situation. Keeping a fish for a year is also far from an indication of success. With a growth rate like that you were also borderline starving it.

they that's a good reason to get a bigger tank "sorry love my fish need a bigger tank "

Back
Top Bottom