Narcosis Twilight Tank

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks' started by NitroNarcer, 31 Dec 2013.

1. NitroNarcer

NitroNarcer

Hi All

I have been out of the hobby for a while now. We retiled at home and I tore down my old tank and have been without one for about 6 months. So I have decided that I will be setting up a new tank come the New Year.

Due to space and time constraints I am looking for a tank that I can keep my finger on quite easily. I am thinking the following:

Tank: 700 L x 700 W x 600 H
    Equipment: Reeftek TS 2 Skimmer / UV Sterilizer / Maxspect Razor or ATI t5 unit
    Sump: 4 Chamber - 1 Sponge - Filter Floss / 2 Skimmer - Heater / 3 Refugium - QT / 4 Return pump

I am going to try and get a mixed reef going with a few angels and some wrasse. I havent really tried SPS before, apart from a few pieces that I picked up here and there. I am stuck on what the fish population would consist of but I definitely would like 1 or 2 centropyge angels ( hopefully dont cause too much trouble with my corals ).

I am going to set up the tank early January and introduce fish at the end of January.

Pics to follow.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. devesh.r

devesh.r

waiting for thoes pic's

4. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

that would be a nice size tank.. i really like cubes. if you can go for a combination of t5s and LEDs

5. NitroNarcer

NitroNarcer Thread Starter

I am waiting for the pricing on the tank now. I wanna get it going soon. I want that ripple effect on the water. I am still working on the aquascaping but will post all pics throughout my build

6. Fred d

Fred d

what circulation you thinking of R. and what kind of overflow . when I start up again in the new year I will also try a mixture of leds and t5s . im very excited for you man

7. NitroNarcer

I was thinking Sun sun but then decided against it. Possibly Vortech. I want to try a mix of t5 and led but I wanna see what effect it will have on the tank. Maybe just go t5 or led then.

Thanks bro. Really appreciate it. You must come around for a beer sometime.

8. Dian6430

Dian6430

Maybe get some wp25's or even wp40

9. Fred d

Fred d

leds are good for clean light but t5s spread the light really nicely

im on leave until the 13th bud so say the word and im there ... keep em cold

10. NitroNarcer

I am thinking possibly 2 wp40's. I think I would centre the razor and then on each side have a set of leds. The aquascape is going to be central so all corals will be placed there, so need alot of direct light in the middle.

They always cold. I got some new beer called Flying Fish..... crushed orange flavour. Pretty decent. lol

Recent Posts