Nano with a 150w Mh?????

Reaction score
Hi all

Would a JBJ Nano with a 150W Mh suspended over it be a bit over board?

Have got a chiller for cooling.

The reason I ask is, the nennie in the tank is just getting smaller and smaller over the months, I can only put it down to light?

Please help.

Would a JBJ Nano with a 150W Mh suspended over it be a bit over board?

Definitely not, even the new Deltec nano tanks are coming out with 150w MH built into their lids. Go for it.

do you think its worth DIY the lid or just get on of these

what I'm worried about is the fish jumping out without the lid?

The 28g Nano Cube HQI comes equipped with a 150 Watt Double Ended HQI/14K for daytime photo periods and four Nite-Vu LEDs for nocturnal photo periods offering the most intense illumination system out of the box - a whopping 5.35 watts of power per US gallon. Combined with a new German Parabolic Reflector, it casts sparkling shimmering rays from every corner of the aquarium. Definitely the choice for hobbyists who intend to keep hard corals, sps, and clams.

28G Nano-Cube with built in HQI | The Aquarium Solution

do you think its worth DIY the lid or just get on of these
I've no idea what the lids look like on those tanks, if it's plastic you would need to be careful of it melting, otherwise a suspended light would be perfect, only thing is without the hood on I think your evaporation may increase a fair amount.

I've no idea what the lids look like on those tanks, if it's plastic you would need to be careful of it melting, otherwise a suspended light would be perfect, only thing is without the hood on I think your evaporation may increase a fair amount.

Its plastic, but sure if a small fan is used, the heat could be extracted?

lighty you have an anemonie? i don't remember you havin an anemone.woah. anyway, i set my mate who has a three foot up with a 150w mh. i guess its not really overkill if you have an anemone
Posted via Mobile Device

Its plastic, but sure if a small fan is used, the heat could be extracted?
I suppose it would all depend on what fitting you use and how you mount it, those reflectors are like heatsinks, they get incredibly hot.

What you keeping in this tank dude?

the nennie in the tank is just getting smaller and smaller over the months, I can only put it down to light?

Are you sure that it is a light problem? ;)

Is that the tank that you are using that organic aqua stuff? Maybe it's a water problem.......and what type of nennie is it?

Are you sure that it is a light problem? ;)

Is that the tank that you are using that organic aqua stuff? Maybe it's a water problem.......and what type of nennie is it?

Hi Darryl, no it's not a tank with organic aqua, water parameters in check. can only put it down to lighting, I know they normally need quite strong lighting, not sure on its type, i've attached a pic

392499ac7c6ec26d.jpg

Oh yes........ it looks like a .......a pink one!:thumbup:

Actually, it looks like.....it should be in my tank!:lol:

I know of someone who has a 150W MH over his nano he has no issues and does not run a chiller its about 15 - 20cm away from the water surface

Back
Top Bottom