Nano V3.0

The Macro Algae is growing at a serious rate, pods not so much.

I want to get an excellent population going then add my favourite fish ...the mandarin goby!!!

I broke my oath. This hobby is an addiction. It has almost been a year everyday I am more in love with this tank over the past 2 months I added 2 nennies a tiny RBTA and an Inferno. It change the whole look of the tank!

All nutrients are kept in check by the cheato and comp 123. SPS are now growing at a rapid rate.

I am still feeding very heavy as I need to keep N03 at 2 if I don't feed it drops to 0. P04 is also stable!

20180621_175836.jpeg
20180622_141818.jpeg
20180621_180105.jpeg

Seeing the last update i made in July i think it was about time for another.
I found my calling in the hobby, after keeping sps and seeing how easy it really is. Given everything was in check. I started to get bored of the lifeless tank.
My addiction in the form of nennies grew to epic proportions.

So i sold off all my SPS and all my current fish and started to reshape the tank in a nennie/ clown heaven.
I also upgraded my light from the kessil to a Hydra 26HD(awesome light) running the AB+ setting

I now have 12 BTAs being hosted by 15 clowns from the same clutch ( bought them at about 1.5cm)

The tank with the new approach has been running stable for the past 3 months and it has only been a joy to see how this community evolved from no dominate fish to 1 dominant clown.

Based on the BRStv series to keep the clown harem happy i needed to feed more. So also added an autofeeder to keep all of them happy.

20181202_125248.jpg
20181204_074637.jpg
20181204_074643.jpg
20181204_074708.jpg

20181204_074717.jpg

That is awesome, incredible collection of nennies. Need to trade you for a different colour when this one of mine splits:

IMG_5740.jpg

thank you bud, yeah sure please!

I'm always keen to trade for new colours. just wish i could get my hands on a few of the US nennies! Damn they are awesome

thank you bud, yeah sure please!

I'm always keen to trade for new colours. just wish i could get my hands on a few of the US nennies! Damn they are awesome

There are some really nice bubble tips around, pity we are struggling to get the really nice ones. Best we can hope for is a red or blue carpet nenny (at a steep price), and then it might end up eating your fish.

yeah i know, i recently got a price for a lemon drop and i nearly had a small heart attack. It is however a long term goal for me to land one so lets see what the new year has in store for us

yeah i know, i recently got a price for a lemon drop and i nearly had a small heart attack. It is however a long term goal for me to land one so lets see what the new year has in store for us

At least with bubble tips it is more of an investment, as they split quite regularly, so can sell the splits and make back the money. Carpets and Heteractis nennies don't split often. I remember an article I read about 7 years ago where someone posted on what steps he followed to make his bubble tip nennies split. Something like 2 water changes in quick succession a few months apart, let me see if I can find article again.

At least with bubble tips it is more of an investment, as they split quite regularly, so can sell the splits and make back the money. Carpets and Heteractis nennies don't split often. I remember an article I read about 7 years ago where someone posted on what steps he followed to make his bubble tip nennies split. Something like 2 water changes in quick succession a few months apart, let me see if I can find article again.

I think i read the same article a fewe months ago regaring the propogation of nennies.
I have attempted to slice a BTA with great success and they are now happy and thriving in my frag tank.

Back
Top Bottom