Nano... rescaped & CUC added

Reaction score
OK, so after scrubbing the rocks to get rid of the worst GHA I decided to rescape the setup a bit.

It's difficult to see from the pictures but I was trying to rescape the rocks to resemble a reef just before the dropoff. The flow is good throughout and the rocks are as secure as I can get them at present.

Also added CUC : 2 x Hermits and 5 local snails. Hermits are happily sifting the sand and ripping out tufts of GHA and brown algea. :thumbup:

Water parameters ( going into week 6 ):

Temp = 27
SG = 1.025
pH = 8.4
KH = 10
Amm = 0.01
Nitrate = 5
Nitrite = 0.02
PO4 = 0

Some pics :

P1020594.jpg

P1020595.jpg

P1020596.jpg

And the Hermit:

P1020609.jpg

New nennie that opened up yesterday:

P1020648.jpg

Very nice Apollo, I like the scaping - and you fish will too cause of hiding places ;)

Thanks guys,

Yip, I really like the scaping I have done.
Mind you ... I'll probably end up changing it again in 6 months time :lol:

Now, to wait another few weeks and then add some colour in the form of button polyps , a ricordia or two and perhaps some green star polyps.

Will see how things progress. :thumbup:

Your tanks scaping is awesome!!

Thanks keyaam,

Yes, I am very happy with my little nano sofar.
Can't wait for all the little octocoral polyps to grow , so I can at least ID them.

Adding some colour to the setup will be great, so I'm pretty excited about adding softies & LPS's in a month or so.

Saw some mushrooms growing this morning on some of the bottom LR.
Must remember to upgrade my lights :p

So... so far so good :thumbup:

VERY cool scaping dude i love it & i'm sure your fish will jump out and hug you 'cause they also love it!!! :thumbup:

Thanks Punk,

Only thing I have found is that it's quite difficult to do scaping in a 60liter nano.
A little restrictive in terms of layout and positioning. I have 7.5 kg of LR and the pieces are quite large.

Man, I must have moved the rocks around at least 20 times during the scaping process to make sure nothing is touching the sides of the tank, there is enough flow etc.

Great fun though looking at the final result. :thumbup:

Not sure what you're referring to jacques ?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place .

Apollo - in the shadows, to the left, and behind the little anemone....

Sitting in the shadows - just below the little ledge of the rock..... In the empty shell (that seems to be attached to the live rock)....

Apollo - in the shadows, to the left, and behind the little anemone....

Sitting in the shadows - just below the little ledge of the rock..... In the empty shell (that seems to be attached to the live rock)....

Mhhmmm... Don't know. I'll have to have a look tonight.
Didn't pick up anything strange from the photo, but then again I wasn't looking at anything else than the nennie. :p

I'lll check later and post my finding

Jacques,

Hang on. I know what you're referring to now.

The yellow striped black thingy is a worm. This is the same worm I mentioned in one of my other posts.

Not a bristleworm from the looks of it . The body is smooth and yellowish in colour with black banded stripes around it. No pronounced head that is visible.

I have probably about 4 of these in various LR pieces around the tank.

I normally see this worm when the main lights go off and later in the evening. It extends itself up to 10cm sometimes with the "head" just moving around in the water flow or on the rock.
This worm is very sensitive to light. The moment you shine a torch on it , it retracts very quickly into a hole.

Will try my best to get a good shot and post this.

wow apollo, youve come a while since i was around:) it looks awesome mate:) and i dont want to be negative but i thought i would ask, that one flat piece, in the first pic, it looks as though it is propped up a bit, is it raised off the sand to allow flow under it? wouldnt want stuff getting trapped under it

Back
Top Bottom