Nano LED DIY

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Gwydion, 25 Jul 2011.

1. Gwydion

Gwydion

Hi all,

I need some help on a DIY project for my Jebo R338. I have the stock 2 x T5's in but want to add some actinic and blue LED's. I have removed the stock filter at the top and replaced it with a aquaclear canister filter, now what I would like to do is use the back piece with the old filter and use that to house the LED lights.

My lfs suggested I get LED strip and do it that way. Can someone help me with what wattage of LED, make and Kelvin I should be looking at? Maybe some advice from guys that have done more or less the same???

Thanks!:)

G

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. eb.adam

eb.adam

I'm using Cree high-powered LED's. I've just installed them and am waiting to see how it turns out... See my thread and if you're ordering from the company that I did from, do let me know, need something SMALL from them which won't be worth shipping alone :)

4. hans01

hans01

Hi LED's do not come in wattage but in candle power (brightness) the blue and white are the brightest! Each led needs +/- 2 volt! and it needs a series resistor to control the current flow. on 12 volt you can put 6 in series with a 45 ohm resistor. i think the blue led's has a bit of ultraviolet in its light and that brings out the colours!
    cheers
    Hans01

Recent Posts