Nano Fever

Added a wee bit more rock.

Man this waiting is killing me.

P5160003.jpg

This is not the final aquascape. I placed the rock like this to expose as much of the surface of the rock as possible. Will get the final LR next week and finish aquascaping. Nitrites is 0 and Nitrates sitting at 20ppm. Getting ammonia test kit today. Currently showing 0 but I realised it has expired, so not trusting the result.

Awesome looking setup. Really look forward to updates. The nano concept appeals to me more and more.
I would like to make a suggestion Galibore.
Instead of restricting the water inlet ie increasing the vacum effect and sucking more air... rather make the air inlet bigger so that the extra air will reduce the flow. Then if you do need more flow; just use the needle/gate valve to reduce air flow and your water column will rise. I would use the original pump to do this.

Thanks Sunburst. It's working now. The original pump broke.

And some more LR:

P5170001.jpg

Starting to look really good, aquascaping is looking very nice, I like all the gaps between the rocks, makes it a lot more interesting to look at and also the fish love it.

Glad to see you got over your "I'm giving up" thoughts :D

Nice Galibore, I like it !!!

You planning on putting much more rock in there ?

impressive dude!! seriously cool man

Thanks everyone.

Viper, yeah... it was one of those days.

DR,

I'm guessing another 1KG. But then it's pushing it. I want as much space as possible.

I was quite surprised today when my wife said: "Please don't get another Nemo again...". That put me in tight spot as I don't really know other fish to put in that wouldn't outgrow it. I will investigate further.

Fire or Flame Goby's are very cool Nano fish. Watchmen Goby's are also my favourite and have tons of character ;)

Live stock that I already have so far (in pico) that will go in here is:

2 x Nerite Snails
1 x Hawaiian Zebra Hermit Crab

Other planned animals:

3 x Turbo Snails
1 x Cleaner Shrimp

Then of course corals and a fish or two.

Yeah sounds good ;)

Added the last bit of LR. Apologies for the quality, suddenly my camera doesn't want to cooperate.

P5230004.jpg

P5230003.jpg

And my personal favourite of all the rocks:

P5230006.jpg

I have purchased a proper ammonia test kit (Nutrafin) and it reads 0. Last night I moved the crabs to this setup. All four of them (two of them are looking for a good home) ate very well.

I purchased two bumble bee snails and also brought the two nerite snails over from the pico. This morning I also discovered two unknown snails in there. Must have come with some of the live rock.

More pics will follow later this week.

For the test kits I do have, the readings are as follows:

pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: < 5
Cacium: 460 (a bit high I know, but don't know why)
Alkalinity: Can't remember
Phosphate 0 (but it's a cheap kit so wouldn't trust it)

Thanks Dean,

Does anyone know of a carpenter that could do the wood work for me in the Jhb/Roodepoort area?

Thanks Rory,

I am probably going to take it slowly. Maybe add one piece per month.

Now I just need a carpenter to add the final professional touch.

I don't understand.
You have spent so much time on the detail and design of this tank....go buy a jigsaw and do your own cabinet. The mouldings and bits and bobs you get now make a professional job a lot easier...You may discover a new calling

Back
Top Bottom