Nanno

Discussion in 'Nano Tank advice' started by wafogarty, 9 Sep 2008.

1. wafogarty

wafogarty

Hi there again

Been gone for a while. My PC had some problems that needed dealing with. Not unlike my Nanno tank that also needed some attention. For anyone that can remember, I bought a display tank from a shop and struggled to get it going. Since we last spoke absolutely everything in my tank died. I even got rid of the live rock. Well that's history and thing are looking more positive.

I've bought a new piece of Figi live rock and eventually introduced a blue damsil into the tank. She seems to be happy. It's been 2 weeks. I would like to find out if I can put some more things into the tank or if I should wait some more. The tank is looking good except for some brown algae on the sand and the back of the tank. Is that normal or must I do something. I've even put in a small protein skimmer some time before the blue damsil.

Am I doing things right or must I do something differently?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Really sorry about the losses.How long has the tank been up and running for? What are the current water parameters?Do you have pics of the tank perhaps?

4. wafogarty

wafogarty Thread Starter

Will do that tomorrow night and let you know.

5. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

The brown algae sounds like diatoms which is normal during a tank cycle, how long has the tank been running?

Recent Posts