My Whole Tank Is Starting To Go Browney Gold Like Mould?

Reaction score
HEEELLLLLLLLLP anybody know what it is seem like summit wrong like a chemical reaction or summit all the gravel and rock has just appeard brown happend in a day now sprading onto my glass anybody know what is plz reply bk i have just started mytank and gt alot of things i have just bought in there anyway of solving it or anything?

How old is the tank?
From the way you describe it, it sounds like a diatom bloom.

what have you bought and put in there??? Your tank is still to knew for live stock!

umm gt it fr xmas set iup fr about a month now it spreading everywhere ummmmm thigns i have done are

> beeen taking water out and adding tap water with the de clorinating drops
>put an anenome in there
>weakend the outlet by puting a bit of song in theexhaust outlet bit

i have just started mytank and gt alot of things i have just bought in there anyway of solving it or anything?

Sorry i missed this part. You rushed the tank. The tank needs to cycle for 4-6 weeks before adding any livestock.
Do you have any reefers in the area that can hold you livestock while the tank cycles?

Webber, please reply by typing full words and sentences. Some people might not make out what you're trying to say. You running the tank a month and already have an anemone in there? Where did you get the anemone?

umm gt it fr xmas set iup fr about a month now it spreading everywhere ummmmm thigns i have done are

> beeen taking water out and adding tap water with the de clorinating drops
>put an anenome in there
>weakend the outlet by puting a bit of song in theexhaust outlet bit

Too soon to add livestock.
Never use tapwater even with a dechlorinator. Only use RO.
Did you test water parameters before putting any livestock in?

ummm dnt think so but i bought it from the shop and they have beeen going threw it with me what i have to do like 1 week i added the sale then next week i added live rocks then coule weeks after that the fish ? dno wt to do dnt wnna blow all my money away look a messs in my tank

yer i took it to the place they done all the tests like 5 test with drops and stuff nitrites nitrates and stuff

you using tap water, are you mixing salt???
Tap water will probably also be the cause of the sudden diatom outbreak.

yer tap water with drops as above he said they aint good ro is the best. what can i do to get arid of it all and clean it out?

I would say take out the anemone and take it back to the petshop - it is not advised to add an anemone in any tank younger than 6-9 months. Even better if you wait longer. Rather take it out and save it's life, it will die!
Start by reading through the beginner discussion threads. Can you post pictures for us to see the setup?

take it out and send it bk ye umm ok how do u rkeon i cn get it bk to normal mate umm yer ill try and put pics on here

i'd say take all the livestock out and ask the pet shop to hold onto it for you

Dude, you throwing tap water in there without mixing salt into it. Your SG levels are going to be low.

I think you rushed into this a bit. You still need to learn a lot about the basics and what happens in a cycle etc. How do you mix your salt or do you use natural sea water? With what do you top up evapourated water?

Back
Top Bottom