My TL-550 journey

Tested my water all good tank has now cycled.

Added two snails, cleaner shrimp and 2 clown babies.

Tank running smooth now added a coral beauty who clean the tank of all alge with two snails as backup
20200511_155750.jpg

Week later and we have a peaceful tank now adding corals slowly water parameters on par.
20200517_190757.jpg

nearly 6 months passed and a few things happened.
Upgraded the lights to LED with controller.(
small project build it into the hood)
20200914_174822.jpg

looks cool bud , is that the kit from improved living ? and what made you put your skimmer in the 3rd chamber ? i got the same one but running it the 2nd chamber

Yes it is the one from improved living. I use the first for filter media second my cheato refergium and the Tunze 9004 only fitted in the third chamber with very little modification

Yes it is the one from improved living. I use the first for filter media second my cheato refergium and the Tunze 9004 only fitted in the third chamber with very little modification

so your first chamber has your actual media in ? dont you think that it will get dirty and cause a PO4 rise ?
do you have a light on your chaeto ?

my chamber from 1.heater and Filter sponge i clean once a week when i do a water change , 2nd skimmer , 3rd has my bio filter media , 3rd return pump.

your tank looks smart i would lose the chaeto but dont think it will have much effect in our tanks

so your first chamber has your actual media in ? dont you think that it will get dirty and cause a PO4 rise ?
do you have a light on your chaeto ?

my chamber from 1.heater and Filter sponge i clean once a week when i do a water change , 2nd skimmer , 3rd has my bio filter media , 3rd return pump.

your tank looks smart i would lose the chaeto but dont think it will have much effect in our tanks
no Po4 rise as I clean the top filter wool every other day and the rest once a month. (weekly 10 l water change)
The bio media I rinsed after 4 months.

I have a light on the cheato with a small pump to spin it.

my heater is in 4 with return pump.
20200916_103607.jpg

Back
Top Bottom