My tanks splitting

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
On boxing day I noticed that my tank had used 50l of RO in about 12h, then half an hour later my dad came to me and said I should top up because my return was sucking air, so I looked around the tank for a leak or some thing and I found the side of my tank was splitting at the top. I could hold the leak, but it was a time boom, heres a pic

DSC00557.jpg

I put a would block to hold the tank so we could do something with the live stock

DSC00564.jpg

After that I drained the water to half way I toke the live rock out to catch the fish, after lots of phone calls Quinton offered to take my fish and coral, after 30 of trying to catch my sail fin tang and a lot of egg crate it toke 5 minutes to catch the rest. Thanks again for tanking all my fish.
Draining the water

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00569.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

I have an old 90l tank that I'm going to use for LR and CUC so heres the tank then will post pics of how it is now soon.

DSC00570.jpg

will post soon, and i hope every one had a happy Xmas!

sorry to hear ocean, its a scary thought that this sometimes happens, and its the bigger systems or the more heavily stocked systems that suffer the most if we dont catch it all in time. good luck with the fix, you are lucky you caught it when you did

EEEeeesh!!!Well done for catching it.I had a similar experience about 2 months ago.Very scary.But it is easy and quick to fix so good luck.Im glad you didnt have a complete disaster.;)

Here are some pics of my tank now,

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

this is my tank now.

Sorry for the bad pics, it was with a cell phone.

Shame bro, what nightmares are made of. Could have been alot worse! Happy you caught it in time!

I went through the same thing about 2 years ago, not a pleasent experiance at all. Nice save on the old tank and good luck with the new one.

Thanks for the support , it is lucky that my small tank will be here soon. I am going to be taking apart the tank today, I will use the glass to make my next sump.

I am going to strip the tank today, I will be using the glass for my new sump. The worst is over and I can sleep well knowing that all my livestock is ok and I do have a plan for my future tank.:thumbup:

Will pm Quinton later and ask him how my LS is doing.

This is bad man, lucky you saw it in time - better luck with the new tank ;)

Ouch !! Sorry to hear.Hope u managed to get this issue sorted out.

i caught mine cracking on the braces 2 nights ago... terrible feeling

Back
Top Bottom