my tank

deadmeat2016

Wouter
Reaction score
just posting pics to see what people think of my tank. I am hoping to upgrade the lighting asap but I am a poor student :(

21174bb21c601ae81.jpg

21174bb21c9a29fc8.jpg

21174bb21cd80b678.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Forum , Deadmeat , Great to have you join us on MASA Sa best marine site

I like;)
may I use your pic?one of my friends is trying to get the same effect in his tank, your pic will inspire him

Looking good there, Deadmeat. Only problem - a LOT of GHA...... Can you perhaps please post your water parameters? And what are you using to test with? What fresh water are you using to topup (to replace evaporated water)? Also - what salt water are you using to do water changes with?

How often (and what) do you feed? How much do you feed at a time?

jacques, will it be a problem with the GHA? Like I said my friend wants his tank almost like that, he like the GHA but keeping it under control, lol he is mowing lawn:p

Xtreme - GHA has a very nasty habit of starting to overgrow ALL/ANY corals that it comes close to, if given half a chance. Other than that - no - it's not that bad. It just does not look that good....

I told him but said it looks more realistic, but its his tank, so when he come crying then i will tell him, your problem:p

Im a very more curious than cautious kind of person, i first started out with tap water due to LFS bad advice, i have recently began cleaning everything up, added a sump and reeftek ts1, using RO water and i use TAAM synthetic sea salt, i only test for nitrate, calcium and magnesium but i will post some more pics once i get some turbo snails to do some cleaning. my nitrates are zero cus i hav 2 dsb's and alot of chaeto. and yes xtreme u cn use my pic :p

Welcome deadmeat, I understand you are on a restrained budget, are those T8's you have on your tank?

Not going to be good enough for LPS and certainly not for a Nennie and SPS mate, I urge you to upgrade your lights

Otherwise a nice start

I have one t8 but one metal halide aswell, 10,000k, i wasted money on the t8 when i started as i didnt know what i was doing

Thats one very healthy anemone, how long have you had it and how often do you feed and with what?

Thanks, have had it for 8 months and I feed it about twice a month on mussel meat bought from pick n pay, its the mussel without the shell so like a fillet steak to an anemone.

Back
Top Bottom