My tank now

Reaction score
well i hope this picture uploads cause i have hade alot of problems trying to upload them my camera broke tank is looking pretty bad in a few weeks it was covered in unwanted alge but with water change it will get back into shape

lol ok it is not working just about to give up trying to upload any new pic's to this site

Nice coachman, now the full tank pics and the sump and the equipment and the lighting and a pic of your girlfriend ... oh wait skip the last one:p

well here are some more pics of one ugly looking setup hope it will look better in the future
4234753d106b29fa.jpg

How long have you had it running so far?

Just looks like you still going through a bit of a cycle.

What water are you using to top up you tank?

What does the sump look like?

Let us have some pics there are some lovely ppl here that can help you shorten the learning curve;)

this tank was running dead for 3 years i gave away all my corals and some of my stuff like my skimmer i managed to dig out a old berlin skimmer out of a crate labled fish junk so i started it up for now will get something better month end

Nakoma, that over under filter config you have there could end up being a problem, Deep Sand Beds are the preferred form of filtration theses days.

The problem with your current config is detritus gets trapped in the pebbles/bioballs etc and eventually lead to elevated levels of nitrate, nitrite etc which in turn acts as a nutrient for the algae growth u have.

Strongly consider changing to a dsb at some stage.

Also are you using RO water to top up?

Hold Fast you'll get there yet:thumbup:

actually this tank has not seen a water change for 3 years so i have done about 5 waterchanges at the moment every week and a total of 50 liters a week it is still in the begin stages of the alge will take a little while to get back into action i am using deep sea water from very deep all the lights where turned off for 3 years to so the water is pretty rotten i was thinking of doing a total revamp maybe the bottom of the tank is filled with silt but it will be a interseting experiment to get it clean again without a total redo it will just take some skimming good old fasion water changes and a few months down the line it should be fine

lol yea i have been out of the game a few years i need to get into all the new things that came out since i have been gone i want to get rid of that filter as you said i have a new one outside i want to revamp into a filter it is pretty big 1,2m x 400 x 400 tank i would like to change into some sort of bio filter

lol yea i have been out of the game a few years i need to get into all the new things that came out since i have been gone i want to get rid of that filter as you said i have a new one outside i want to revamp into a filter it is pretty big 1,2m x 400 x 400 tank i would like to change into some sort of bio filter

This is a design that Mille posted some time back that I just Sketchupped(if that is a word:lol:)
STANDARDSUMPflowdirection.jpg

I seem to be posting it left and right but it works

that filter you see there has been running for oubout 10 years here is a pic of the new tank i want to change into a filter i want to dump that old one as you said it is a nitrate trap and it is time for something new it is the bottom tank
4234753d7b201e8d.jpg

wow cool thanks i am going to dump the old filer this weekend and do the new one like that

I just took sand from near rocks under the low tide mark. Mixed it with aragonite and whala its works like a bomb for me.

But Yes that sir is how it works

seems like i will be doing some digging this weekend then do i have to change the sand every few months ?

Back
Top Bottom