my tank, eventually

the little buggers, so nice to see some life after so long!

21084aab3e64bf5f6.jpg

21084aab3ea35be58.jpg
21084aab3ec31b994.jpg
21084aab3eece70cf.jpg

need some help from the clever people regarding my algae scrubber.
it`s been running for quite some time now, have never harvested it.
it went brown, all the brown died off after a week and a half and then green algae started growing. the green algae are getting bigger, or more. and it also started going brown again. will post some pics now.
when should i start harvesting it?

thanx jacques
it`s alreadry 2200l\h. think it gets enough water. will wait a while to see if more grows.
was just scared i had to harvest at a stage, sure i read something like that somewhere

Maybe you aren't getting enough growth because your "substrate" is not porous enough for the algae to adequately take hold. Maybe you could also experiment with lights in the 4000 K range instead of 6500 K range. That would be my thoughts. All of the best Martin!

thanx faust, have 3 lights, 3000k, 4000k and the flourescent 6000k.
it seems like the 3000k is the best, where the light from the 3000k hits the growth is far better

some feedback

fish are doing just fine. they are very happy.
had a mishap with the thermometer. keeps saying that the temp is 25 but when i tested with a few other thermometers it was about 28. slowly got it down again. at 26 now. tested the water again this morning and ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are 0. is that possible?
does this mean i can get more fish?
or is it because of the huge volume of water that those small fish doesn`t affect it?

Hi there. May I ask what type of thermometer you were using that gave you such a false reading?

There is a difference between a Blue yellow tail Damsel and a Devil Damsel

One Devil Damsel will take on 5 Blue yellow tail Damsels.

Devil do not have the yellow tail (obviously) and got a small black dot on the tail end of the top fin.

yellow tails take about 30*30cm space at bottom of the tank, that is his territory. I had 3 in a standard 60L tank, with no problems. In my opinion, there are excellent starter fish, hardy, cheap, with their own character.

BTW, mine mated / spawned. It happens normally mid morning.

it`s a boyu digi-temp. all the other thermometers say 25 now and the boyu says 24. really don`t know which one to trust anymore

it`s a boyu digi-temp. all the other thermometers say 25 now and the boyu says 24. really don`t know which one to trust anymore

As I thought. I have 2 of those, another digital one and a alcohol one and the boyu ones are a degree out.

hmmm, same here. nice to know. now i can eventually adjust acordingly.
just one question, is 25 ok or should i rather go for 26

morning everyone
my tank is looking just great. getting camera fixed up then will post some nice pics.
last night i started seeing algae that looks like grass (green) that started growing on my snail.
this morning it`s all over the aragonite in the dt. is this a concern and if so, what should i do?
your help would be appreciated

just a question for the clever people regarding the dsb.
my dsb is 15 to 17 cm deep filled with playsand and suger fine aragonite.
35cm by 50cm with a 3000l/h pump going trough a chiller to the dt, then to the skimmer from the overflow and then to the dsb. the flow over the dsb doesn`t look too fast. how do you determine whether it`s enough?

The return pump going back to your system must be x5 total volume....so if your tank is 300l then a return pump should be 1500l/h

Back
Top Bottom