My tank 4 weeks later

Reaction score
:) :)
My Tank after 4 weeks of cycling fish and an additional 15 kgs of LR + a canister filter
MyTankNow.jpg

a total of + 22kgs
22kgofLR.jpg

My Newest member
NewmemberSandanemone.jpg

Dragon wrasse ---My fav fish @ the moment but chheky little bugger
Dragonewrasse2.jpg

My clowns
MyClowns.jpg

and a side view pic of Pin cushion that caused me so much trouble and costsand has now decieded to close up shop for a week
Dragonwrasse1.jpg

Nice looking setup.

Suggestion, that nemmie, is bleached, so make sure you target feed him till he starts getting some colour, or he will die.

What lights are you running on your system ?

thanks warr ....bleached...???? i knew it would take colour later but didnt know itwas bleached.....just got it the other day and was going to get some prawn for it today to feed...? does that sound right and BTW where do u put the food ..in the middle mouth looking thing ??lol sorry for the ignorance

thanks warr ....bleached...???? i knew it would take colour later but didnt know itwas bleached.....just got it the other day and was going to get some prawn for it today to feed...? does that sound right and BTW where do u put the food ..in the middle mouth looking thing ??lol sorry for the ignorance

These creatures get bleached from transportation. You won't know it's true colour for at least 3-4 months. Hopefully you get luckily and it is pink or red, mine is brown :(

Don't feed prawn, rather try Lancefish or whitefish, prawns can transfer diseases to your other crustaceans (shrimps, crabs etc.)

You going need to get more light, at least one more white T5. Nemmies need lots of light to survive.

When feeding put the food, on it's tentacles or near it's mouth. Is anything hosting in the Nemmie ? If yes you may need to feed the Clown/crab first then the nemmie, as the hostee tend to "steal" the food from the nemmie.

Good luck, hope this helps

thanks for the advice...unfortunately tank is a juwel and has a fixed lighting system on the hood....as for the nemmie will try as u said and let u know
i hope mine dosnt change colour as well

tips are purple so i guess brown with purple tips as a worst case not soo bad

hehe thanks Meka ....just wanna remind u its a 180l tank ...if i move rocks not goin to have much room for th fishies to swim ....but ull be happy to know i have a good cleanoing routine goin so am aiming at some hard work to get in there to keep it clean as long as it stays the same....hey any idea why my green polys have dissappeared...been abt a week now ....no amonia ...salinity is fine and water tested fine for all other tests in LFS...they just went on strike all of a sudden ??
thanks again

YOur tank is looking good but the nennie needs a little more light(some DIY needed)
Take the nennies food and cut up to the size of a 10cents coin this will be the right size then feed twice a week till he has colour.
You shouldnt add to much to fast wait anouther mounth or twobefore adding any more fish.
Do you have a skimmer or a sump or is it just the main tank(if you dont have a skimmer you must definitly get one)
And last question do you have any parometers you can shair with us(nitrate amo Nitrite Ph CA kh)

YOu have a awsome tank and good luck.

thanks ocean...will recheck water parameters and list it soon.......Acc to LFS water wass 100% in all sectors are good to stock tank.....but will recheck it .....not putting in anymore fish for a while...blew this months budget on a cannister filter....nope no skimmer and not going that route...am confident i can try for a while without it .....will try out feeding nemmie today ..thanks guys

Shiks aslong as u feed your nennie every 3odd days u can skimp on lighting for now if your short on some cash. Light is important but food even more so. Btw what T5's are those? 39w/54w? If 54w then "In my opinion" u don't need more lighting. Others are welcome to comment on that conclusion.

Tank looks good, but were you aware that your dragon wrasse is likely to reach 30cms?

"The Dragon Wrasse is also referred to as the Rockmover Wrasse. The juvenile has a burgundy body with white markings. The fins are also notable in their appearance, especially the first two dorsal spines that form a "cow-lick." The adult does not have the large dorsal spines and has a light-blue to green body with impressive darker markings. It should reside in a 70 gallon or larger aquarium with a 2-4 inch sandy bottom in which it can submerge itself since it sleeps in the sand. It may be kept with fish that are aggressive or larger than it is, but should be housed with more passive fish as a juvenile, house only one per tank. It should not be placed in a reef aquarium. As the Dragon Wrasse matures it will eat crustaceans, snails, shrimp, starfish, smaller fish, worms, and other invertebrates. It also moves the corals and rearranges the rocks in the aquarium to find food. The aquarium should also have a tight-fitting lid to prevent it from jumping out."
Source: Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Dragon Wrasse

If these guys are saying this, I would be very cautious. They sell fish and generally bend the truth to sell fish.

am already doing a regularwater change abt 20% every two weeks or so.....lighting is 2 x 35w high lites with reflectors:

High-Lite refers to the new light technology by JUWEL Aquarium. It combines the existing tube lengths of the T8 with the new bright T5 technology.

High-Lite Light units run with unique tubes which fit the full length of the aquarium for maximum illumination.
The High-Lite light unit is 92 cm long and can be equipped with 2 Tubes 742 mm / 35 Watt. Optional special JUWEL Reflectors will double the light output of the system.

as for the rockmover wrasse....i have already been offered a swop by LFS if he causes trouble in the tank..BUT he is my favourite fish...he has so much character...YES he tosses things around and digs up the whole tank just after i set it mind you but i lie to myself saying he is actually doing me a fav by tossing the soil anyway allowing filter to work better and catches all the bugs hiding

in fact My Yello(when bought) now Choclate yellow surgeon does more damage ...nibbles on my polyps and tube worms and is a bully ,,,,,Thanks for the warning guys but surely u all have gotten a fish u know is wrong but wanna try and make it work regardless.... IF he really does cause hell i will take LFS up on their offer

BTW Polyps opened up again when placed them higher to lights with more flow ...they happy again and greener than ever...go figure

Shiks, you always will make the final decision what you do with your tank. The forum is for us all to share experiences from past and present.

You are not the only one:

I have a Niger Trigger, and most tell me it is not reef compatible.

There are members with Sea Cucumbers, sometimes considered timebombs.

There are loads of tanks with Caulepra Macro Algae, also considered dangerous.

Love your Wrasse and enjoy.

We're just giving you a heads up, so if a prized clam is found buried in the sandbed oneday, you know who the culprit is. ;)

I would loose the canopy and replace with a custome made lighting unit. With a nennie I would go with atleast T5's, but MH would be much better.

On my system I have a 200L with 3 x 150W MH, and I would not try putting a nennie in that tank.

Back
Top Bottom