My Size Corals

This is what I have in mind Jacques, but must say that I am still looking for a lot more examples. I want to "build" the Surge Devices behind the "Cliffs" that will be only on one side with a couple of Pinacles towards the Front of the glass, and have the "abyss" towards the Back. I do not like the rocks all "stacked" up on top of each other, it does not look natural. Would like to have more "flowing" lines:

reeftank3rockface.jpg

rockfacereeftank.jpg

rockfacereeftank1.jpg

rockfacereeftank2.jpg

rockfacereeftank3.jpg

LoL. already started in the Concrete tank with Rockscaping the way I ALWAYS WANTED IT AND NOT FORCED to do it.I just need a lot more Bags of Arragonite- crushed finely and Medium.
By this time next year, the Rockscaping as well as the waterflow WILL be Perfect
You starting the big system up again?

That is some nice Malawi tanks.

Will a setup like that work for a marine tank? Or will the water flow be all messed up? and trapping detritus everywhere?

We're waiting with great anticipation for your next work of art Sean...;)

Sean - I think that your idea sounds GREAT. I would personally go for 2 BIG coral "mounds" in that awesome size tank of yours. Where the 2 mounds are joined by a "bridge" of some sorts, which you can place corals on - and under (ie sun-corals love being upside down, under ledges, in the sea - I have personally seen a HUGE amount of sun-corals growing upside down, on Protea Reef on the South Coast of KZN)....

I hope you understand what I mean?

The 2 "coral bommies/mounds" can then have multiple levels of "swim-throughs" and hiding places for the fish.

On these 2 mounds, you can create "stairs", on which you can place your corals....

Perhaps build in "plastic" coral-tie downs - which you can use to glue, tie-down, or pratley putty, corals. You could possibly use egg-crate in-between the live rock/fake rock, to achieve this?

I hope you understand what I am trying to tell you?

I will try and find the pics of a similar tank, and post them pics here.

Thank you Jacques. I had a look at this tank previously, and you are right, it is beautiful, but, I am more leaning towards one "drop off" (solid rock face) on the left side and having it hollow at the back to house a wave box. (I do not want to "stack" rocks on top of each other as it does not look natural)
Then only have a couple of plated montis and seafans growing on the side of the vertical face.
Then open space and a high small diameter pinacle "curving" towards the right.
Again some open space and then have a bigger flattish mound at the front of the tank, closest to the glass.
Then have huge open space and then 4 pinnacles closer to each other on the right hand side of the tank "joining" each other at the top to form a "platform" that will be covered in sps.
The sides of these 4 pinacles will be covered with mainly torch corals and hammerheads.

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: Watch this space next year:whistling: :whistling::p

Cool! I am VERY PATIENT! I'll wait and see! ;)
:thumbup:

LoL. already started in the Concrete tank with Rockscaping the way I ALWAYS WANTED IT AND NOT FORCED to do it.I just need a lot more Bags of Arragonite- crushed finely and Medium.
By this time next year, the Rockscaping as well as the waterflow WILL be Perfect

mmmmm, interesting to see how I my mind was set to the 6th month last year, so the dates are close ;)

mmmmm, interesting to see how I my mind was set to the 6th month last year, so the dates are close ;)

does this mean we are close to seeing pics of the new beast??????????? :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom